• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Worst train designs ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Met Driver

Established Member
Personally, I feel that nobody has any right to complain about pacers until they have sampled them on the Barry Island branch. I can assure you, it is one of the most painful experiences you will ever go through, plus you'll probably need a hearing aid afterwards... <D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darren

Mojo said:
Whilst we're on the subject of 315s, is what 'one' are having done to them supposed to be a refurbishment, because from what I can see, the seats are exactly the same, they're even in that NSE moquette.

Its Refurbishment One style - As cheap as possible.

Someone got their maths wrong and thats started to reflect in the service provision

Coxster

Established Member
Jamie C. Steel said:
Err, they all have toilets, it's the 376 Electrostars that dont have Toilets.
I don't think either (313s or 315s) have toilets actually...

steve158

AlexS said:
Actually, they made two. 150001 and 150002. 150002 became 154001 and then got converted back to 150002. The 3 car Central 150/0s are all 150/1 and 150/2 hybrids, that have been renumbered 1500xx, EXCEPTING 001 and 002.

they're better than the 150/2. which make that horrible wushing noise, and when they are sat waiting to leave make a lot of noise.

steve158

AlexS said:
Speaking of Arriva liveried 150/2s, what on earth is Arriva 'bus' liveried 150256 doing at Tyseley?

i would imagine it would be in for maintenance, should it be used in and out of mach. depot.

last time i was down tyseley they had some GWL 'Turbos' and Chiltern 'Clubman' Trains there.

evil_hippo

Galvanize said:
507/508/313/314/315 family:

They make me feel sick, low backed seats, slip and slide too much, poorly maintained (especially the SET ones :x). Only the refurbs are good (yet to go to Merseyside to go on them)

You shall have to join me when I go to Merseyside later in these holidays. In fact, everyone has a duty to try the refurbished 507/8s, they are brillinat having undergone nothing short of a transformation. The 5th seat (it is 2+2 now) does mean more standing but is not that terrible a losee, due entirely to the doubling of services at peak time on most routes.

The worst 142 ride I have done is Warrington Bank quay to Lime Street, due entirely to the need to turn just over 90 degrees over the length of a platform at Earlestown.

If you find the elusive pacer straying onto the Settle-Carlisle line you will probably lose about 20 minutes on an end-to-end journey (if you're still alive). Though fortunatley now there are trolleys on the line they can't send anything but a 156.

My nomination is the voyager for the noise, the vibrations, the smell, the luggage provision, just about everything in fact. But especially the smell.

Coxster said:
Jamie C. Steel said:
Err, they all have toilets, it's the 376 Electrostars that dont have Toilets.
I don't think either (313s or 315s) have toilets actually...
313s and 314s lack toilets, as do 508s. I'm not sure about any others except 317s and 318s which have toilets.

Status
Not open for further replies.