• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Worst YouTube videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Hello all,

I was going to put this in Photography and Video discussion but not sure if it fit's there.

This thread is basically asking what could be the worst video on YouTube? Train video's included but you can include any topic. I'm not on about the tonez, mega clag titles with no clag in, thrash titles on Class 390 video etc, I mean the quality.

Now, I know some mobile phone footage can be trash, but even old-ish and new phones are becoming quite good. My Galaxy phone takes reasonable videos, no replacement for a camcorder of course, but isn't that bad.

This however:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o6JCBJXohw

Looks like it's recorded on a calculator! :shock: Very low FPS!
I'm sure I've seen another video before like that with even worst lag on it, even I wouldn't bother filming if it was that bad!

Anyone else seen worst than that?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
That is certainly up for a "lowest ever frame rate" citation but neither that nor the appalling resolution offend me as much as the usual YouTube characteristics of unsteady handholding, violent panning and zooming coupled with autoexposure and autofocus hunting and general lack of understating of the basics of video/film.

EDIT: Whoops - that understating was meant to be understanding. Sorry about that!

Last edited:

Oswyntail

Established Member
That is certainly up for a "lowest ever frame rate" citation but neither that nor the appalling resolution offend me as much as the usual YouTube characteristics of unsteady handholding, violent panning and zooming coupled with autoexposure and autofocus hunting and general lack of understating of the basics of video/film.
So not much good to be said about it :lol:
What Youtube, Facebook and the like seem to have done is reduced the critical faculties of some people to those of a blind flea. In the good old days of film you made damn sure your shot was not wasted. With digital, people seem to take 100 shots - then bung them all online.

valenta

Where to begin, I've seen hundreds of extremely poor quality videos on You Tube. The worst culprits are nearly always from a mobile phones, though some are more than capable of producing a good quality video, many crack up at the first sign of movement from an object, and sound quality obviously suffers aswell. There are also some videos when the person behind the camera is clearly at fault for the poor quality, swinging the camera around furiously, making for a very blurry picture! Of course, I'm not one to talk on this subject, the quality of my videos are equivalent to that of a six year olds with his or her "first toy camera"!:lol:

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Valenta - :lol: I'm quite embarrassed at my first video when I used my webcam which doubled as a camera, this was a Logitech one when 1 mega pixels seemed quite massive!

I bought a tripod for my camcorder producing shots like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewc0sDRvsA0&list=UUbhkpaTbWJE3R7k6wAm9r_w&index=34&feature=plcp

compared to my pre-tripod days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p1wwwCne5M&list=UUbhkpaTbWJE3R7k6wAm9r_w&index=57&feature=plcp

The first one with the 67s is still iffy, as I had the head too tight and as you can see, it's quite a harsh pan around. Sometimes I don't have the head level and don't realise it until I review the footage to see it's tilted!

PaxVobiscum - True, there is some right old unsteady footage where most of the video is viewing the floor rather that the train in question!

Oswyntail - Very true point on photography. There is a cracker here

http://sulzerpower.com/archivephotos/1994.html

Look at the 7th picture down from the top, superb capture pre-digital days!

There is also videos where people don't seem to know when to shut up. I'm all for live narration or whatever, but when the Chiltern 172's were out in testing, there was one video of it leaving somewhere, and I wanted to hear what it sounded like.

Throughout the train leaving, I didn't have a chance as all I could hear was 'yeah, look at that sexy baby' and 'what a beauty' and 'there she is...yeah!' all that sort of trash, like yeah OK shut up a minute, please! :lol:

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
I didn't have a chance as all I could hear was 'yeah, look at that sexy baby' and 'what a beauty' and 'there she is...yeah!'
Were the 172s really that good?! :lol: Or were they really talking about the DMU there? :shock:

:lol:! Oh yes, talking about the DMU!! I cannot find the video, I think the user had 365 in the name, but searching 'Chiltern 172' I can't see it in the list, maybe he took it off because of that, but I'm sure the rest of his videos were like that...

starrymarkb

Established Member
This is one of mine...

[youtube]7MecThe96hE[/youtube]

Video is fine with some macroblocking when the camera can't cope with the fast movement. But I had a lose connection with the microphone. Things start going wrong a couple of mins into the vid! (and then clear up again along the sea wall)

Schnellzug

Established Member
it's easy to knock YouTube, but I'd say that it's a real revolution for armchair travelling. You can hop from TGVs in france to Shinkansens in Japan and big diesel power in the U.S. and Russia, and industrial tank engines in Yorkshire, all from one click to another. An all provided with no intention of making any money out of it or anything. It's truly a remarkable innovation.

starrymarkb

Established Member
I didn't have a chance as all I could hear was 'yeah, look at that sexy baby' and 'what a beauty' and 'there she is...yeah!'
Were the 172s really that good?! :lol: Or were they really talking about the DMU there? :shock:

It was a 379 - I remember finding the link and posting it in Traction (I had a valid question)

Found it - [youtube]WC_1XkwQilQ[/youtube]
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
An all provided with no intention of making any money out of it or anything.

Some people do make money out of YouTube from advertising. But there isn't a charge to the user. (and if there is an ad before a vid then a lot of the time you can skip it)

Heinz57

Worst YouTube video? Anything where you get 'Rick Rolled' or whatever its called.

Its so anoying, not funny at all. Can't beleive people even take the time out to make those stupid things.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Oh golly gosh, not that Rick Roll thing, does that still happen today?

Markb - 365lance that's the channel, I saw that 379 one, but I'm sure he did the Class 172 one but I can't see it on his channel. I watched it after seeing the video of it on the Didcot Rail Centre and wanted to see a departure, I thought it was Princes Rissy but I don't know if they went that far on test?
The recent video is just horrific with the kid flailing at the 377...dear oh me, the terms of what flailing means are clearly out the window!

Kernowfem

The worst video ive seen was the footage of the huge pile up on the M5 in which several people lost their lives. I have to add i did not set out to watch this video. A work colleague of mine was watching it and i caught a four or five second glimpse....it was enough.

On a lighter note, Hale and Paces "yorkshire airlines" sketch is so bad it's hilarious!!! Closely followed by the Most Haunted pee take "Most farted" right down on the scale of naff, but equally laughable!!!

CC 72100

Established Member
It was a 379 - I remember finding the link and posting it in Traction (I had a valid question)

Found it - [youtube]WC_1XkwQilQ[/youtube]
QUOTE]

Although that video isn't one I rate too highly, I have to say some of his drawing ones are quite good! Did a nice little sketch of a 172, very clever!

Temple Meads

Established Member
Anything by IPT !! Especially the stuff in his bedroom

I think that's a tad harsh to be honest, some of his videos do give a good overview of a location, the quality isn't perfect, and I'd rather not see the man himself, but his videos are a very long way from the worst videos on YouTube.

Poor use of zoom, shakiness, and tone w*****g spoil a video far more for me than pixelation, although the video that H-O-W posted up in the OP certainly is dreadful, had me in fits of laughter though, so thanks for that James :lol:

I think this one of mine might well be worse though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV4_NU00s4M&feature=plcp&context=C428af17VDvjVQa1PpcFOM0-OlfoX5ccR3UiRuxXomO1200vzuR9Y%3D

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Never heard of IPT?

Is it a channel name as it's not coming up on a channel search?

I agree about 365LANCE art, looks darn fine to me, even offering to sell copies if anyone wanted to buy one! I have some finished art that I might take some pics of, but will never be for sale, it's unique stuff to me.

I agree too, post's with tonez, super clag (when there isn't any), *SUPA RARE* that's just seem to have started...I don't bother!

Tigerroar, not bad compared to a lot, as for Tim, I don't know, we'll have to see if my night time one is worst or equal!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUiGtiybpHM&list=UUbhkpaTbWJE3R7k6wAm9r_w&index=60&feature=plcp

Focus decided to play up nearer the time, and the green flashes, I don't know what that was either a glitch with the DVD disc or a glitch when transferred to my PC, either case I couldn't clear it!

Temple Meads

Established Member

Established Member
Having met him (but not seeing the posts) he seemed like an alright bloke in his vid of tornado at EXD it was me he was speaking to!

Yew

Established Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZt_YyPKQ2U&feature=relmfu

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this kind of cr*p is what i hate. What a bunch of chavy little tos*pots. Toooooooooooooooonezzzzzzzzzzzz etc. Prats.

Unfortuantely Ive got to admit I kind of liked that, as it reminds me there are people my age into trains. And there are far worse hobbies to get up to, however one of them come VERY close to being sucked off the platform..

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Unfortuantely Ive got to admit I kind of liked that, as it reminds me there are people my age into trains. And there are far worse hobbies to get up to, however one of them come VERY close to being sucked off the platform..

The commentator is a complete imbecile and his comments are crass, immature and frankly ridiculous. It is mind numbingly stupid to behave like that. That is a 125mph line FFS :roll:

Temple Meads

Established Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZt_YyPKQ2U&feature=relmfu

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this kind of cr*p is what i hate. What a bunch of chavy little tos*pots. Toooooooooooooooonezzzzzzzzzzzz etc. Prats.

Without even going into their behaviour, the sheer shakiness of the video makes it completely unbearable.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Having met him (but not seeing the posts) he seemed like an alright bloke in his vid of tornado at EXD it was me he was speaking to!

He always seemed like a decent bloke to me too, but here isn't really the place to discuss it (I don't want to dredge up old problems), we can in person or on FB if you like though.

VTPreston_Tez

HSTSteven was in that video. I despise him, he swears more than I do and some of the stuff he says...hmm interesting but not my style (trying to be nice here)

Status
Not open for further replies.