• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Worst YouTube videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Poole

I never thought i be saying something postitive about 365Lance but on youtube there been people taking the mick out of his videos and after that, he realised it's time to grow up and now he carrying on filming trains without the stupidity, it's now some of his friends who do it

Now as for Mrwacca1 he got some of the worst Youtube videos, due to the fact... what is he filming? the train, the track or the sky?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hydro

Established Member
Myself and a driver pal had a good chuckle upon finding one of 365Lances videos of one of our workings. It sounds like he's doing something sinful to himself behind the camera.

theblackwatch

Established Member

Crimson_Quiff

Just check out my vids, they're the worst! :P

(Click the link in my sig - apologies for the shameless plug)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
And it even comes with lots of toilet chain pulling impressions! :| There was some veg doing that at York one time I was there, it was so tempting to make the noise of a toilet flushing while stood next to him. :lol:

You should have done, David! TonezzzzzzzzMyLordzzzzzzzzzFlailzzzzzz etc etc. The more Zs, the better! :roll:

district

Any train video with a 30 second plus intro which consists of some awful past clips over some awful music. Once you successfully navigate the intro, you get a 10 second video.

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
99% of youtube videos.

Half are taken without a tripod and look like an attempt to film Blair Witch Project, the other half have tripods and then the operator clumsily trying to plan around while the camera is too heavily secured. Seriously, can't anyone hand-hold stably any more?

As for the toilet chain, some kids were doing that all day at Doncaster last month when I was there, looked positively retarded...

ilkestonian

Any train video with a 30 second plus intro which consists of some awful past clips over some awful music. Once you successfully navigate the intro, you get a 10 second video.

...which is probably displayed at the wrong aspect ratio, so the trains look like they're narrow gauge.

At least one regular poster on You Tube has yet to discover how to set this correctly, and nothing annoys me more

there is one that was uploaded recently done on an i phone or something of that ilk, poor lad has his finger over the lens and what i can only say falling asleep as he's filming it proper tosh.

Schnellzug

Established Member
99% of youtube videos.

Half are taken without a tripod and look like an attempt to film Blair Witch Project, the other half have tripods and then the operator clumsily trying to plan around while the camera is too heavily secured. Seriously, can't anyone hand-hold stably any more?

Well, all my YouTube subscriptions are railway videos, and there are very many that would, frankly, stand comparison with the BBC's efforts on Great Railway Journeys (in fact, are much better, since they feature less Portillo). Considering that a lot of them are done with no commercial motive, I think it's very praiseworthy.

Simon Poole

Well, all my YouTube subscriptions are railway videos, and there are very many that would, frankly, stand comparison with the BBC's efforts on Great Railway Journeys (in fact, are much better, since they feature less Portillo). Considering that a lot of them are done with no commercial motive, I think it's very praiseworthy.

I would love to see some examples

Schnellzug

Established Member
For me, acw71000 and 981smithy spring to mind immediately.

You don't ask for examples of bad ones, with wrong aspect ratios, so I guess you've seen plenty of them.

Indeed, Ralph5407, stephengthompson, pennysteam, Rob masterman, to mention but a few others. Admittedly, most of the really professional ones seem to be mainly steam oriented, though whether that says anything about anything I wouldn't like to say. And there are some really good ones from Europe as well, Ronik24 to name but one.

swj99

This is quite bad, but in a good way, probably......

[youtube]gZIHP7VNtBk&feature[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.