• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Worting Jnc 17/02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trains2

Thanks for the comments, and who is Chute? :)

I am using a Pentax Optio 430RS 4 million mpx. It's getting on a bit but it does the job. I wouldn't say that all my pictures are noticeably not sharp, and I don't edit them in anyway to make them look sharp.
--- edited ---
Also, are you reffering to the more recent collections, or some of the older stuff? Cos most of the older stuff is naff! :p I'll have a clear out soon, running out of space anyway.

Coxster

Established Member
I think chute is http://southern-railway.fotopic.net/p26035873.html What time did that pass you? I saw it at Waterloo at 10:30ish.

999701.jpg

Where 58's still operate in commercial service...
I am refering to the latest collections....

I looked on the internet for your camera specifications and discovered the following:

Shutter: Programmed AE electronic lens shutter with CCD electronic shutter. Shutter speed: approx. 1/2000 sec. to 4 sec.

Set the camera to MANUAL and then alter the shutter speed... Don't go to slow.... 1/400 or 1/800 will do. For trains that move at speeds above 100 mph I suggest a shutterspeed of 1/1250 or faster.

Try to experiment with it.... I am looking forward to the results
--- edited ---
Well well...... As I can see U guys realy like that NS UFM 160....

Okay... Here is that yellow thing in its history at Arnhem (Holland)

old14ly.jpg

trains2

Thing is, I have done that in the past but given up on it. When you change it to something like 1/400 and take the picture it just goes dark and comes out crap. When on automatic it is usually around the 1/80 area.

ChrisM

Great collection of photos.
As for photo sharpness then you could use free software (or pay for it) and USM the photos,just a little or they will look worst.

Sprog

Established Member
I love them! Ill have to pay a visit there aswell! ;) :D

*adds to list*

trains2

Thanks guys. :) I think in regards to sharpness I'm just gonna have to wait for the day when I can afford a very decent camera. I mean most of my photos are fine, there seem to be only a few that are slighly blurred, and I am aware of it, not trying to make them look like that!

Wortings a great little place, plenty of traffic. Bit out of the way though, you will need a car/bike/bus to get there, takes about 10mins in the car from Basingstoke.

Where 58's still operate in commercial service...
Thing is, I have done that in the past but given up on it. When you change it to something like 1/400 and take the picture it just goes dark and comes out crap. When on automatic it is usually around the 1/80 area.

Then simply change the ISO settings.... or the white balance. 1/80 is realy to slow....

Why not post one of those darker pictures..... Then Ill see what I can do for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.