• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Would this be honoured? East Kilbride to Tweedbank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Hi, I managed to get Tweedbank to Nairn £1 tickets, a couple of weeks ago, for March. I want to use them on the Highland Chieftain from Edinburgh to Inverness. Will that be ok or do I have to stick to Scotrail services? Thanks.
There is no TOC restriction on the ticket, so no TOC restriction apples. You must simply travel via Aviemore.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

djpontrack

Thanks for that JakeF. I had visions of a ticket inspector on the HST trying to charge me the full fare.

NSEFAN

Established Member
najaB said:
Again, they would have been higher but we're talking what - four weeks since the WCML closure? And you also have to consider that many people (50% ?) would still have opted for RRB's as I suspect they would've been faster than the Waverley route diversions.
Agreed. In time, the line through to Carlisle might reopen as the population increases. The reopening to Tweedbank will have provided one of the stepping stones to achieve this goal. For now though, I doubt the line through to Carlisle could justify itself either financially or economically.

djpontrack said:
Thanks for that JakeF. I had visions of a ticket inspector on the HST trying to charge me the full fare.
If the guard questions you as to why it's that cheap, just be honest and say that you bought it when there was a bug in the fares database. It was fairly well known about within railway circles so I'd be surprised if the guard knew nothing of it. In any case, price doesn't determine validity.

When I went on a similar trip a while back (Leigh (Kent) - Mexborough I believe...), the only comment I got was a guard asking how we found it, so that he could use his priv discount on it for a cheap day out to London! :lol:

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hi, I managed to get Tweedbank to Nairn £1 tickets, a couple of weeks ago, for March. I want to use them on the Highland Chieftain from Edinburgh to Inverness. Will that be ok or do I have to stick to Scotrail services? Thanks.
It's fine. The Chieftain goes via Aviemore, that's the only restriction.

I'm using my Nairn ticket for a visit to the Dalwhinnie distillery. And my Neilston ticket for a visit to the Auchentoshan distillery.

Did I mention that I like distilleries...?

Status
Not open for further replies.