Would this be honoured? East Kilbride to Tweedbank

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by mbreckers, 4 Jan 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merseysider

Merseysider Established Member Fares Advisor

There is no TOC restriction on the ticket, so no TOC restriction apples. You must simply travel via Aviemore.

2. djpontrack

djpontrack Member

Thanks for that JakeF. I had visions of a ticket inspector on the HST trying to charge me the full fare.

3. NSEFAN

NSEFAN Established Member

Agreed. In time, the line through to Carlisle might reopen as the population increases. The reopening to Tweedbank will have provided one of the stepping stones to achieve this goal. For now though, I doubt the line through to Carlisle could justify itself either financially or economically.

If the guard questions you as to why it's that cheap, just be honest and say that you bought it when there was a bug in the fares database. It was fairly well known about within railway circles so I'd be surprised if the guard knew nothing of it. In any case, price doesn't determine validity.

When I went on a similar trip a while back (Leigh (Kent) - Mexborough I believe...), the only comment I got was a guard asking how we found it, so that he could use his priv discount on it for a cheap day out to London! :lol:

Last edited: 5 Feb 2016
  4. yorkie

yorkie Administrator Staff Member Administrator

It's fine. The Chieftain goes via Aviemore, that's the only restriction.

5. djpontrack

djpontrack Member

Thanks NSEFAN & Yorkie. I'm looking forward to be going to Inverness and even better on an HST.

6. RochdalePioneers

RochdalePioneers Member

I'm using my Nairn ticket for a visit to the Dalwhinnie distillery. And my Neilston ticket for a visit to the Auchentoshan distillery.

Did I mention that I like distilleries...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.