• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Would York to Dorking be valid via Victoria, Bromley South, Sevenoaks, Tonbridge, Redhill and Deepdene?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miami

Established Member
Would York to Dorking be valid via Victoria, Bromley South, Sevenoaks, Tonbridge, Redhill and Deepdene? I.e. 0625 from Victoria, first stop Bromley South.

Yes I'm being slightly facetious, just wanted to check my understanding of routing - York to Dorking is etiher valid via Cross Country (BY+XB) or LONDON, which I think means using York to LONDON coupled with LONDON to Dorking?

BY+XB being routing down to Birmingham/Coventry, either via Tamworth or Leicester-Nuneaton, then through Leamington Spa to Banbury to Oxford (not Bicester), Reading, Guildford, the Dorking West/Deepdene

LONDON meaning York to London Group, then London Group to Dorking the latter being DK, SC, or SC+XB

DK
being route from London (any - so Victoria or Waterloo I guess -- would Blakfriars-DenmarkHill-ClaphamJn count) through Clapham Jn, to Epson, Leatherhead then Dorking

SC allowing routes from London variously south, venturing far west as ClaphamJn, Balham, Raynes Park, or as far east as New Cross Gate (but not say Lewisham or Greenwich), then down to (West) Croydon, Sutton, Epsom Leatherhead and Dorking

SC+XB allowing routes to (East) Croydon via New Cross Gate (or places further west) to Redhill, then to Dorking Deepdene/West

But nothing allowing a route via Tonbirdge or Edenbridge

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I can't see London to Dorking being valid via Tonbridge, it's a helluva detour.

Veteran Member
I can't see London to Dorking being valid via Tonbridge, it's a helluva detour.
Nor would it be valid on a non-stop VIC to Gatwick.
OTOH you could probably (haven't looked at the map) go via Herne Hill :)

paul1609

Established Member
Would York to Dorking be valid via Victoria, Bromley South, Sevenoaks, Tonbridge, Redhill and Deepdene? I.e. 0625 from Victoria, first stop Bromley South.

Yes I'm being slightly facetious, just wanted to check my understanding of routing - York to Dorking is etiher valid via Cross Country (BY+XB) or LONDON, which I think means using York to LONDON coupled with LONDON to Dorking?

BY+XB being routing down to Birmingham/Coventry, either via Tamworth or Leicester-Nuneaton, then through Leamington Spa to Banbury to Oxford (not Bicester), Reading, Guildford, the Dorking West/Deepdene

LONDON meaning York to London Group, then London Group to Dorking the latter being DK, SC, or SC+XB

DK
being route from London (any - so Victoria or Waterloo I guess -- would Blakfriars-DenmarkHill-ClaphamJn count) through Clapham Jn, to Epson, Leatherhead then Dorking

SC allowing routes from London variously south, venturing far west as ClaphamJn, Balham, Raynes Park, or as far east as New Cross Gate (but not say Lewisham or Greenwich), then down to (West) Croydon, Sutton, Epsom Leatherhead and Dorking

SC+XB allowing routes to (East) Croydon via New Cross Gate (or places further west) to Redhill, then to Dorking Deepdene/West

But nothing allowing a route via Tonbirdge or Edenbridge
Via Tonbridge isnt valid, from Victoria to Tonbridge by the route you describe is over 30 miles south east of London, by the time you got back to Dorking Deepdene you'd be just over 60 miles compared to just over 20 miles on any of the direct routes from London.

Status
Not open for further replies.