• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Would you live...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
...on a bus?

BBC said:
Falling asleep on the bus is about to become easier as a new scheme providing short-term housing aboard double deckers is to be launched.

Eight buses have been refitted with kitchens, bathrooms and living space.

The buses, with solar panels and recycling bins, will be lent to a London homeless charity over Christmas.

Double Decker Living, a new London company, aims to provide alternative housing for the homeless and key workers such as NHS staff on call.

The idea for the bus, which can house up to five people, was prompted by the phasing out of the Routemaster, the distinctive hop-on, hop-off red London bus.

Life skills

"The double decker is such an iconic London image, we wanted to see what we could do with it," said Jason Hart of Double Decker Living.

"Everyone I speak to laughs because it sounds so strange but once they see it for themselves, they become very enthusiastic about the idea."

For the first stage of the project - to be launched on 19 December - Leyland Olympian double deckers are being used, but plans are under way for a Routemaster version.

Centrepoint charity for young homeless people will use the buses as teaching venues for life skills classes, covering topics such as cooking and interview preparation.

_41098424_homeonbus203.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

traveller1030

At least they're going to find some sort of another life, unlike a lot of good stuff on the metals that becomes next month's baked bean tins.

Still, as my sig shows, the dehumanised moron got his way, and I'd love to see a young upstart design a machine to equal the pedigree of the Routemaster's innovation to cope with the rigours of modern life (and red tape), for the unique demands of London (and more to the point TfL supporting/ordering it). German articulated crap does not cut any ice I'm afraid Kenny Boy.

Gareth Hale

steve158 said:
i don't need the space to be honest, and i'd have a 3 car 158 thank you.. :) just for the air con.

My house has Air Con :roll: Why would you need a train for that?

Sprog

Established Member
:roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think id nab the Royal Train, along with the two 47s that used 2 pull it :D

ok...and maybe the skips as back-up ;) ;) :idea:

Tom B

Established Member
My house has air con too, it's called a window.

Guinness

Established Member
Cockfosters said:

I've heard of them. They don't add to the growing Global Warming problem either.

Ice is a great alternative to Air Con. :)

Ben

dvn1357 said:
Chaz said:
Cockfosters said:

I've heard of them. They don't add to the growing Global Warming problem either.

Ice is a great alternative to Air Con. :)

Or how about an open freezer? ;)

Well for certain members a Closed Freezer would be better :P

(Yes i have got a Sick and Disgusting sense of Humour)

Status
Not open for further replies.