• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wrexham and Shropshire question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Established Member
Just a quickie but was wondering say if you buy a ticket on the day without online booking can you just get on their trains as I was planning on doing.

Tame Bridge Parkway 11.48 - Shrewsbury

Shrewsbury 13.56 -Tame bridge.

It apparently costs £11.00 so not bad really for some random loco haulage.

So basically can I turn up at Tame Bridge and buy a return to Shrewsbury and be let on a WSMR service???

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Yes, although I've not brought onboard myself that is another option.

Chirk and/or Gobowen is cheaper than Sallop for a bit more mileage and less festering around if there is a leap at either of those.

Chirk even has aqueduct scratching potential :lol:

Phoenix

Established Member
Yes, although I've not brought onboard myself that is another option.

Chirk and/or Gobowen is cheaper than Sallop for a bit more mileage and less festering around if there is a leap at either of those.

Chirk even has aqueduct scratching potential :lol:

I actually owe you one the best advice off this forum yet.
Nearly 3 hours of class 67 haulage on a Sunday for only £9.50 plus yes I will indeed go look for the aqueduct.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Just a quickie but was wondering say if you buy a ticket on the day without online booking can you just get on their trains as I was planning on doing.
I think any TOC that doesn't do PFs will sell on board, but I guess you mean able to buy the full range on board including railcard discounts? All the Open Access TOCs have that policy (WSMR, GC, and HT). I believe none of the franchised operators officially have that policy but Northern appear to apply it generally.

metrocammel

Northern appear to apply it generally.

Not the case between Ashton & Manchester Vic!! I often hear people complaining to the gripper that their fare is more than they expected, along with the usual excuses about why they didn't get to the station early enough to buy a ticket...

Status
Not open for further replies.