• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wrexham General - Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

headshot119

Established Member
I will be traveling on Friday the 13th of July from Wrexham General - Newcastle, and will be returning on Sunday the 15th of July.

I am flexible on what times I travel but don't want to be stuck to advance tickets if possible.

An Off Peak Return with restriction 8A would be £54.80 with my railcard.

Any suggestions?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cuccir

Established Member
with my railcard

I'm working on the presumption that that's a 16-25 railcard?

That's a pretty good price to be honest with you.

If you wanted a very cheap deal and were happy to use advances, then an off-peak return Wrexham-Chester is £3.35. You can then get advance singles for £12-£15 covering Chester to Newcastle - book via this student discounts link at TransPennineExpress' website to get these prices.

I'm not aware of any splits on the obvious route Wrexham-Manchester, but there's probably some. There may be some slight savings splitting if you travel via Hebden Bridge but not a lot (I managed to shave off about 50p just searching now splitting at Manchester, Hebden Bridge and York - if you can be bothered you may find better). Oh and I'll send a PM with another option...

Status
Not open for further replies.