• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wrexham Refreshments expand - report by George Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
The refreshment facility at Wrexham General moved into expanded premises on platform 1 on 14 May after a long period of negotiation for a larger room in the main station building. Originally opened by the late lamented Wrexham & Shropshire company as an offshoot of their catering department, the outlet was taken over by former catering supervisor Mrs Dot Grimes when WSMR closed in January 2011 and trades as Dot2Dot.

The availability of refreshments at an otherwise barren General station has proved popular and the enterprise was rewarded with an expanded area for passengers and others to be served when local Assembly Member Lesley Griffiths declared the new door 'open 'at 1pm.

The refreshment facilities are available Monday - Saturday and provide a wide range of eats and drinks as well as shelter on an otherwise draughty platform. One nice touch is the provision of a community noticeboard which rail fans and others might find useful to promote local events.

Copy put up with permission

Also from George Carrog to Corwen Walk in this weeks colourful edition[/QUOTE]

Much later put SWMBO on the 1036 Wrexham to Cardiff 175 two coach,about 40 off & 30 on(four ATW staff on board), then called into the cafe, its four times bigger , with armchairs,excellent menu & helpful staff, the good news it is also attracting non rail users with access & egress on platform one and the road by Country store..Cafe BTW open 0600 to 1700 Mon/Sat with a touch of W/S excellence in my opinion

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
She Who Must Be Obeyed I presume :p

Since when did "food" become "eats" unless the latter counts non-food eats like pen caps :lol:

The Informer

The refreshment facility at Wrexham General moved into expanded premises on platform 1 on 14 May after a long period of negotiation for a larger room in the main station building. Originally opened by the late lamented Wrexham & Shropshire company as an offshoot of their catering department, the outlet was taken over by former catering supervisor Mrs Dot Grimes when WSMR closed in January 2011 and trades as Dot2Dot.

The availability of refreshments at an otherwise barren General station has proved popular and the enterprise was rewarded with an expanded area for passengers and others to be served when local Assembly Member Lesley Griffiths declared the new door 'open 'at 1pm.

The refreshment facilities are available Monday - Saturday and provide a wide range of eats and drinks as well as shelter on an otherwise draughty platform. One nice touch is the provision of a community noticeboard which rail fans and others might find useful to promote local events.

Copy put up with permission

Also from George Carrog to Corwen Walk in this weeks colourful edition

Much later put SWMBO on the 1036 Wrexham to Cardiff 175 two coach,about 40 off & 30 on(four ATW staff on board), then called into the cafe, its four times bigger , with armchairs,excellent menu & helpful staff, the good news it is also attracting non rail users with access & egress on platform one and the road by Country store..Cafe BTW open 0600 to 1700 Mon/Sat with a touch of W/S excellence in my opinion[/QUOTE]

Good stuff. Maybe we can get a full breakfast with plenty of arm/leg space now. Will check it out.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
correct,wives also known as Management:)

Bob

Yes, a title that knows no known boundaries, as confirmed by the look I received from my very own SWMBO when I suggested putting off a trip to Windermere she had suggested during this period of hot weather.

Needless to say, I may not be now available on the forum tomorrow, being in Cumbria rather than in Cheshire East....:roll::oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.