Wrexham - Shrewsbury (VTWC Only)

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by headshot119, 16 Aug 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. headshot119

headshot119 Established Member

After reading this thread I did some digging around the area looking at advance tickets.

On Brfares there are various VTWC only advance tickets from Wrexham General - Shrewsbury. Question is can anyone manage to book one! :lol:

You can do this journey. Leave Wrexham at 07:00 and arrive Shrewsbury 12:51 with a change at Crewe and Wolverhampton.
    --- old post above --- --- new post below ---
    Up for 22 hours and no one has found a solution.

Any booking clerks out there fancy seeing if they can manage to sell one? And give me some hints on how to ask for one.

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. bb21

bb21 Forum Staff Staff Member Global Moderator

This fare is priced between Cluster T120
    and T122.
    I suspect that given Wrexham to Shrewsbury is not valid via Crewe, chances are that it is not bookable.

4. Merseysider

Merseysider Established Member Fares Advisor

Some time ago I saw the option to 'ignore RG' or 'override RG' on a booking office TIS - does this option still exist?

5. DaiGog

DaiGog Member

Sometimes Mirfield, sometimes Hull, often Nieb├╝ll
    This one's beaten me!

It's priced between two clusters so the fares will be intended for things like Wrexham to Liverpool or Birmingham. Fares such as WRX-SHR appear as a by-product of stations being clustered but because there are no 'reasonable' journeys, they do no harm as they will never be sold in conjunction with a journey itinerary. Journeys will never be offered unless the seller does some serious manipulation of the journey planner, so no sales would be made which might catch the customer unawares.

That said, even with the routeing guide switched off and all other TOCs excluded for travel, I can't get Fujitsu Journey Planner to offer any journeys or fares for WRX-SHR via CRE/WVH. I suspect the long wait at WVH has something to do with it, reason being provided that the condition of travel with valid TOC(s) has been met, FJP will usually offer the journey and fare if it finds one.

Last edited: 17 Aug 2015
  6. headshot119

headshot119 Established Member

I would say can you get it to give you a ticket Shrewsbury - Wrexham departing at 15:24, but I suspect the long wait at Crewe will cause the same issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.