• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wrexham - Shrewsbury (VTWC Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

headshot119

Established Member
After reading this thread I did some digging around the area looking at advance tickets.

On Brfares there are various VTWC only advance tickets from Wrexham General - Shrewsbury. Question is can anyone manage to book one! :lol:

You can do this journey. Leave Wrexham at 07:00 and arrive Shrewsbury 12:51 with a change at Crewe and Wolverhampton.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Up for 22 hours and no one has found a solution.

Any booking clerks out there fancy seeing if they can manage to sell one? And give me some hints on how to ask for one.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
This fare is priced between Cluster T120
Fare Cluster T120 said:
0418 BIRMINGHAM STNS 1121 WATER ORTON 1291 LICHFIELD T V 4597 LEAMINGTON SPA
1030 COVENTRY 1149 SANDWELL & DUDLY 1322 TAMWORTH 4690 WELLINGTON SALOP
1056 WILNECOTE STAFFS 1215 BIRMINGHAM INTL 4387 SHREWSBURY 4691 TELFORD
1077 NUNEATON 1218 WOLVERHAMPTON 4504 UNIVERSITY BIRM 9882 COLESHILL PARKWY
and T122.
Fare Cluster T122 said:
0435 LIVERPOOL STNS 1227 CONGLETON 2513 FLINT 2871 MACCLESFIELD
0438 MANCHESTER STNS 1243 CREWE 2599 BOLTON 4487 WREXHAM GENERAL
0445 WARRINGTON STNS 2291 RUNCORN 2771 STOCKPORT
0446 WIGAN STATIONS 2412 CHESTER 2774 WILMSLOW

I suspect that given Wrexham to Shrewsbury is not valid via Crewe, chances are that it is not bookable.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
This fare is priced between Cluster T120 and T122.

I suspect that given Wrexham to Shrewsbury is not valid via Crewe, chances are that it is not bookable.
Some time ago I saw the option to 'ignore RG' or 'override RG' on a booking office TIS - does this option still exist?

DaiGog

Sometimes Mirfield, sometimes Hull, often Niebüll
This one's beaten me!

It's priced between two clusters so the fares will be intended for things like Wrexham to Liverpool or Birmingham. Fares such as WRX-SHR appear as a by-product of stations being clustered but because there are no 'reasonable' journeys, they do no harm as they will never be sold in conjunction with a journey itinerary. Journeys will never be offered unless the seller does some serious manipulation of the journey planner, so no sales would be made which might catch the customer unawares.

That said, even with the routeing guide switched off and all other TOCs excluded for travel, I can't get Fujitsu Journey Planner to offer any journeys or fares for WRX-SHR via CRE/WVH. I suspect the long wait at WVH has something to do with it, reason being provided that the condition of travel with valid TOC(s) has been met, FJP will usually offer the journey and fare if it finds one.

Last edited:

headshot119

Established Member
This one's beaten me!

It's priced between two clusters so the fares will be intended for things like Wrexham to Liverpool or Birmingham. Fares such as WRX-SHR appear as a by-product of stations being clustered but because there are no 'reasonable' journeys, they do no harm as they will never be sold in conjunction with a journey itinerary. Journeys will never be offered unless the seller does some serious manipulation of the journey planner, so no sales would be made which might catch the customer unawares.

That said, even with the routeing guide switched off and all other TOCs excluded for travel, I can't get Fujitsu Journey Planner to offer any journeys or fares for WRX-SHR via CRE/WVH. I suspect the long wait at WVH has something to do with it, reason being provided that the condition of travel with valid TOC(s) has been met, FJP will usually offer the journey and fare if it finds one.

I would say can you get it to give you a ticket Shrewsbury - Wrexham departing at 15:24, but I suspect the long wait at Crewe will cause the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.