• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wrong Break of Journey info at Clapham Junction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fandroid

Established Member
Jona26 You got a fairly swift reply from SWT (4 days) telling you that you were right and the gateline staff plus manager were wrong. I'm not sure what else could be expected except a load of free ticket vouchers! SWT seem to have performed well in their reaction. However the proof of the pudding will be in the eating (ie the next BOJ experience at CJ!).

My info is that an overnight break is allowed on the outward leg of Offpeak Returns, but the journey must be completed before 04.30 on the third day and must comply with the the appropriate offpeak restrictions. I got this from an article in Rail by Barry Doe and have copies of that article ready to wave if challenged! I have only tried it once, but didn't even get a comment from the Virgin guard, so I'm not sure he properly noted the ticket date. The restriction notes on BRfares.com says an overnight break is permitted if the journey 'cannot be completed in this time'. That word 'cannot' has a multitude of meanings.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
Jona26 You got a fairly swift reply from SWT (4 days) telling you that you were right and the gateline staff plus manager were wrong. I'm not sure what else could be expected except a load of free ticket vouchers! SWT seem to have performed well in their reaction.

I don't think that alone is good enough. They ought to take reasonable steps to mitigate the possibility of the same thing happening again. Otherwise it's nothing but lip service.

Status
Not open for further replies.