• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wrong-way scrolling of destination on new Uno bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Uno has a new bus for my route, which is quite snazzy (nice, bright and airy inside - far too good for us!) but for some reason it scrolls the destination line backwards.

I really can't quite understand why!

I know people in Hatfield can be considered to be backwards, but still...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa_ftmKGtwg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR247

Established Member
Probably just the depots fault, nothing to do with the bus

cainebj

Established Member
Fault with the controller unit, isn't the first time I've seen it happen with a Mobitec. Basically a code fault, when data has transferred from the USB stick onto the internal memory, the coding has got muddled up making it scroll in reverse. Other common faults, mainly with Bright Tech's, is coding for the route number getting mixed, so it shows route number on the left of the screen rather than the right.
It should be fine if they re-transfer the data across to the controller, failing that, resetting the controller with a fresh copy of the firmware.

causton

Established Member
Hello - that's not the least of Uno's signage problems! The new bendy buses... one of them has a working front display, but the side and the other bendy buses just scroll garbage text and characters across the screen, so drivers turn them off! Luckily they're just used on one route!

Interesting though...! Didn't notice it personally last time I saw one of those buses migrate over to the 607...!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Uno has a new bus for my route, which is quite snazzy (nice, bright and airy inside - far too good for us!)

Welcome to Government grants ;) also, it's not specifically designed for your route, as the side says, I believe 2 are for St Albans routes and 3 plain ones are for the 615 Hatfield - Stanmore route!

Last edited:

jon0844

Veteran Member
We've got two buses from 'pink' St Albans. I think Uno is a bit short of buses at times.

Is the bendy an ex Arriva bendy from London? They'd have had a blind so maybe Uno fitted some dodgy screens themselves? Another Optare that sometimes runs on the 607 has been broken for ages too.

Good maintenance regime at Uno I guess.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Is the bendy an ex Arriva bendy from London?

The one with the faulty display is ex-Truronian, latterly First Devon & Cornwall.

They have three ex-Truronian and two ex-First CentreWest.

Look who was a psychic 16 months ago. :P

jon0844

Veteran Member
ugh, one of those horrid little StreetLite things. they make me feel nostalgic for the Solo.

They feel a lot nicer on the inside but I guess they're also a lot bigger than an Optare Solo - given how the driver seemed to struggle to get it down some roads with cars parked on both sides.

I think the rear window also makes it feel more open, even if it's quite high up so not really easy to look out of.

But, given the windows don't leak, I already like it more than the poorly put together Optare Solos.

Coxster

Established Member
A local company near me - Dickson's Travel - run the 48 Woking to Frimley service with one of these buses, and that has a 'backwards' scrolling display too.

Status
Not open for further replies.