• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wsmr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Just the reply I was looking for :)

Thanking you muchly

No probs pal, ive been on WSMR a few times on a WMDR all you need to do is find the Gaurd just say "Is this valid on this service"

Enjoy your bash, im on my next WMDR on sat if your out and about then ill say hi

tony_mac

Established Member
There is a bit of an issue about the validity of rovers on particular train companies. Most of the rovers listed on the NR website don't include the full list of operators on the map, but don't specifically disallow them either.

Just one example:-
The Freedom of Wales Flexi Pass is shown as 'Valid on all National Rail services in Wales bounded by Holyhead, Shotton, Chester, Crewe, Shrewsbury, Craven Arms, Hereford, Abergavenny, Newport'

WSMR are not listed, but the text is pretty clear in saying that it is valid.

glynn80

Established Member
There is a bit of an issue about the validity of rovers on particular train companies. Most of the rovers listed on the NR website don't include the full list of operators on the map, but don't specifically disallow them either.

Just one example:-
The Freedom of Wales Flexi Pass is shown as 'Valid on all National Rail services in Wales bounded by Holyhead, Shotton, Chester, Crewe, Shrewsbury, Craven Arms, Hereford, Abergavenny, Newport'

WSMR are not listed, but the text is pretty clear in saying that it is valid.

There is definitely an issue that needs to be cleared up.

There are two possibilities with regards to WSMR and Open-Access operators in general not being listed within the rover TOC validity lists.

It could be that Open-Access Operators do not participate within the smaller rover schemes (I cannot find any OAOs listed within the FRPP on any rover/ranger product apart from the ALR) or it could be similar to the Coast & Peaks Rover situation where EMT were mistakenly omitted from the TOC validity list.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I've used a WMDR twice on WSMR services without the need to check in advance, both occasions they've accepted it without question.

Status
Not open for further replies.