• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WSR & Exeter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
little F***er. I was going to go today, but didn't wake up in time for the train I was going to get. ;)

Good pics BTW

TBH, if it is the same as last time, it sounds VERY ILL :!:

Jim

Simming

4 lines are in the running for getting that DMU, mine, Helston, is one of them (that is unless they have another unit there, and im talking tish about this one)

bunnahabhain

Established Member
What would the other lines be? If it's the Great Central Railway PLC or Great Central Railway (Nottingham) then I'll be over the moon! It'd be nice to have a play with a Suburban DMU.

Coxster

Established Member
Jim said:
little F***er. I was going to go today, but didn't wake up in time for the train I was going to get. ;)
Think yourself lucky actually Jim, Joy54 'accompanied' Seth ;)

Met Driver

Established Member
Simming said:
4 lines are in the running for getting that DMU, mine, Helston, is one of them (that is unless they have another unit there, and im talking tish about this one)

Since when? It's my understanding that the army are commandeering it for 'training' purposes.

Coxster

Established Member
All I have heard is the 275 Squadron of the Territorial Army just want it for use elsewhere (not sure if that means another line or what).

Sort of related:
At present the Class 117 DMU - the Green one - runs with TCL no 59506 as the centre car. The reason why the original centre car, no 59505 was not used was due to the company requirement for the centre car to have a buffet. Therefore, no 59506, which company-owned, was converted and no 59505 was repainted into chocolate and cream and joined the loco hauled stock. However, prior to the Green DMU move away from the line, no 59505 will be reunited with the original power cars. Looking to next year, hopefully by Easter, a Class 115/117 combination will be available consisting of nos 51880/59506/51859. The two power cars require a fair amount of work. No 51859 which has been running recently with the Class 117, needs some body work and a repaint, whilst no 51880 is currently undergoing a body overhaul. Work will be taking place on the vehicles regularly with plenty of jobs both skilled and unskilled. Any help will be much appreciated.
Quoted from: http://www.national-preservation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1845

Jim

Established Member
Coxster said:
Jim said:
Think yourself lucky actually Jim, Joy54 'accompanied' Seth ;)

ROFL

Status
Not open for further replies.