• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WTF - We have gone mad!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Established Member
I was listening to the news earlier this week and was shocked to hear that there is a nursery in Oxford (near by to "Turbo Teds":lol:) which has been forced to give up it's "Ba Ba Black Sheep" name for the more PC name "Ba Ba Rainbow Sheep"!!!!!! How far will we go, soon it will be wrong to have "postman pat" having a "black & white cat"!!!

How far will this go - IMHO, this is ridiculous!!!!!!!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
Whilst such stories sound wonderful to fill up the tabloid newspapers, and they come up every so often, they don't actually happen - usually some beancounter will kick up about it then everyone will get some common sense and forget about it.

Don't believe the Daily Mail!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
May I ponder on how you heard this story then?

I only heard of it from my mum, who does read the Daily Mail, although not every day. But Cockfosters is (hopefully) right, soon enough someone will kick up on how stupid this is, and allow the future generations to enjoy proper nursery rhymes. What are they supposed to do anyway if they were to see a black sheep now in the fields? Not call it a 'black' sheep but instead something PC?

they already changed post man pat..... to tabby cat, at my nearest nursery.
and another one i cant remember........i think its something to do with noddy cant remember

devon_metro

Established Member
Yep i heard about this. Stupid! I suppose they consult the british public before 'banning' vocabularly as it 'might' be offensive.

I dont see how a word that has always been in the English Dictionary is racist...

Crazy!

Tom B

Established Member
I think what you'll find is no-one is offended - someone in an office issued a memo proposing this to try and justify their jobs - then the tabloid media picked up on it.

Dennis

Established Member
Victoria-Louise said:
and another one i cant remember........i think its something to do with noddy cant remember

postman Pat - I'm horrified - you can't say that, it's gender specific and not allowed. Please use the correct terminology, postie Pat.

Dave A

Victoria-Louise said:

Well, I'm sure BIG EARS will become un-acceptable, plus the fat controller will be changed too!:p ;)

TheSlash

Established Member
The fat controller will be done away with as it sterotypes railway managers as over weight and encourages obessesity.
What odd's will you give me on that?

Jim

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
Who thinks Pat is a woman???? Its Postman Pat. Read the credits :s

But in this part of the world, we are not allowed to call him postMANPat

T

Tom

Apparently it could be discriminative racially or discriminative as to whether you're a woman or man.

ChrisM

TheSlash said:
The fat controller will be done away with as it sterotypes railway managers as over weight and encourages obessesity.
What odd's will you give me on that?
There is a thin controller who has apperaed on the new series who will take over the fat controllers job,kid you not my 3 year old son watches it.

TAS

ChrisM said:
There is a thin controller who has apperaed on the new series who will take over the fat controllers job,kid you not my 3 year old son watches it.
We can't have that- the thin controller runs the narrow gauge line here Skarloey and Rhenlas run (both spelt wrong)!

Dennis

Established Member
Jonno2055 said:
You cant have the thin controller... he's anorexic

Surely, in the interests of political correctness, any new Thomas controller should be female, vegetarian, of non-British origin, have a gay lover, preferably be in a wheelchair and not be either fat or thin.

To be fair to the PC lot, the company I worked for many years ago was 'encouraged' to adopt an attitude of positive discrimination towards minority groups. On the whole, the outcome of this was generally positive and certainly rewarded people who might not otherwise have had such employment opportunities. There were however a few with chips on their shoulders who undid much of the good work done by others.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
At a preserved railway my friend volunteers at, he's "Sir Topham Hatt."

Status
Not open for further replies.