• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wulf email

Status
Not open for further replies.

LondonBVE

Does anyone know Wulf email? Or Saxon Locomotives Works email?

Moved to the 'BVE' section - COXSTER

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Since Wulf's site closed down, it is virtually impossible to e-mail him. His address just bounces messages back.

LondonBVE

Coxster said:
Since Wulf's site closed down, it is virtually impossible to e-mail him. His address just bounces messages back.

So is there anyway to contact Wulf?

Coxster

Established Member
LondonBVE said:
Coxster said:

So is there anyway to contact Wulf?
No. He doesn't seem to use forums now either.

LondonBVE

Then how am I going to ask him for permission to upload things from his website?

Coxster

Established Member
Just found him on the TRAINZ forum under the name Wulf_9. As for permissions, if you can't contact them then you cannot use it. It's their work, doesn't give you a right to use it whatever happens. If it bothers you so much, make your own thing.

The Snap

Established Member
I had conntact with him about a week ago, via a PM, but he hasn't replied to my reply yet! :? But still, it proves he is still around. ;)

Coxster

Established Member
class 313 said:
aint he the person for saxon works? (sorry if im wrong)
No, Wulf is Saxon Loco Works, hence why LUBVE asked for Wulf or the SLW e-mail address.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Coxster said:
Just found him on the TRAINZ forum under the name Wulf_9. As for permissions, if you can't contact them then you cannot use it. It's their work, doesn't give you a right to use it whatever happens. If it bothers you so much, make your own thing.

Sorry I cannot agree! In an email conversation I had with one of the top route designers in the bve world I was told

"In my own opinion anyone who really cares about what happens to their work will always make sure that people are able to contact them, if he hasn't let anyone know about a new e-mail address then maybe he's not that bothered now"

which I firmly agree with. Obviously you should try and contact them in every way possible and credit them, but if you can't contact them.....

class 313

Established Member
If you cant contact that person and you have tried evry possible way aslong as you credit them, i think the should be ok.

T

Tom

HSTfan!!!, if you can't contact someone, it is not right to assume you can use it. Either you must have permission from a proxy or the person you are requesting from themselves. Or you may get in a bit of bother when they re-appear.

The Snap

Established Member
Ah, but as the guy in HSTman's post said, you can do that. Here is a point from the BVE Developer Guidelines:

Make every effort to contact an author if you want to use their work and their permission is required, preferably by e-mail - if you receive no reply, then try again in case your mail never reached it's destination, and failing that perhaps post a private message to the developer on one of the popular Western BVE forums, or ask for the help of another developer who could aid in contacting the original author. If after exhausting these options, you still can't contact the author, then ensure that all credits are properly written and included in your add-on. If you can demonstrate that you made every effort to ask permission, should the original author notice their work used without giving you the go-ahead, they probably won't mind so long as you tried your best to contact them before hand. This advice may not apply to material originally sourced outside the BVE community however!

I think, that you are allowed to use the object, ONLY if you do what is said above. ;)

T

Tom

TBH I wouldn't even do that. I'd personally do the contacting methods, and if I get no reply, I'd make an object myself.

The Snap

Established Member
I would consider using it after doing what the guidlines suggest, as, the chances are that the author has left eh BVE scene, and wont be coming back. Therefore, will not be bothered, as he would never know. I would still credit though. :D

Tom B

Established Member
It depends - to an extent you can judge the person, if it's someone you know and you have exhausted everything that's different from not being bothered to do a little research for addresses etc.

I suppose it's also a question of quantity - using a small object is one thing, several large ones is possibly different.

Wulf has posted on T-S within the past month, he does turn up every so often - so all avenues aren't really exhausted and he's not really left.

The Snap

Established Member
I can't agree more there Tom. I wouldn't really be bothered if someone took any of my objects without permission (as long as they could show they had tried to contact me or ask me on numerous occasions), but if they took a whole folder, then I might be a little pi*sed off! ;)

Tom B

Established Member
Bottom line, to take the law literally you can't use anything without permission. Some / most authors relax a little and will understand if you've made a genuine attempt to contact them - posts on the forums may gain a response from someone who knows where they've gone. But every case is different - the only blanket rule that can be applied is if you're not sure, don't use them. Most if not all objects can be recreated by yourself or an alternative used.

Status
Not open for further replies.