• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WY Metro MCard / Annual Zone 1-5 + 6 (rail only) refund

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntea

Established Member
Has anyone on here had any success with a WY Metro MCard refund - but for the Zone 1-5 + 6 (or Zone 1-5 + 7) ticket?

There is now a form available online

The problem is, it is clearly set up for MCard users (as in the smartcard product) rather than the rail only season ticket (standard rail paper season ticket)

If you travel between West Yorkshire (Zone 1-5) and Harrogate (Zone 6) or West Yorkshire (Zone 1-5) and Skipton (Zone 7) you can purchase a rail only travel card. These can be purchased from manned rail stations and are not MCard products therefore cannot be added to an Annual MCard.

I keep going round in circles with their support team!

Also, can I obtain a report myself somehow of the last time my ticket was used in ticket barriers to help support evidence of the last time I used the ticket when calculating the refund?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
Has anyone on here had any success with a WY Metro MCard refund - but for the Zone 1-5 + 6 (or Zone 1-5 + 7) ticket?

There is now a form available online

The problem is, it is clearly set up for MCard users (as in the smartcard product) rather than the rail only season ticket (standard rail paper season ticket)

If you travel between West Yorkshire (Zone 1-5) and Harrogate (Zone 6) or West Yorkshire (Zone 1-5) and Skipton (Zone 7) you can purchase a rail only travel card. These can be purchased from manned rail stations and are not MCard products therefore cannot be added to an Annual MCard.

I keep going round in circles with their support team!

Also, can I obtain a report myself somehow of the last time my ticket was used in ticket barriers to help support evidence of the last time I used the ticket when calculating the refund?
Did you buy this from a station? If so, you need to obtain your refund from the train operator of the station that you bought it from.

Status
Not open for further replies.