• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WYCA ZNS 1TO5+6 - why is the ticket replacement process so hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntea

Established Member
I have a WYCA (guessing that stands for West Yorkshire Combined Authority) ZNS 1TO5 + 6 season ticket.

As it frequently stops operating the barriers I have had to had it replaced 3/4 times so far this year at Leeds station.

Every single time the staff at the ticket office struggle to get their computer to produce a replacement until they seek out someone a bit more senior around who knows how to resolve the issue (according to the staff member recently it appears on the system when they search for it but then vanishes again so they can't go through the replacement process!).

Not faulting the staff at all as they are always helpful (and apologetic!) but the fact it always seems to happen is odd!

Also is this ticket available on a smart card product yet? I asked Metro but it fell on deaf ears!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AndyHudds

I assume you mean you have a Metro card, is it a corporate one, through work? I have a corporate one, it is a smart card and has never needed replacing, aside from once a year once it's expired. All MetroCards are available in smart card format, in fact I thought that's all that was available.

johntea

Established Member
Sadly not!

It has *some* relation to Metro but they always seem to shy away from it for some reason when asked!

If you travel between West Yorkshire (Zone 1-5) and Harrogate (Zone 6) or West Yorkshire (Zone 1-5) and Skipton (Zone 7) you can purchase a rail only travel card. These can be purchased from manned rail stations and are not MCard products therefore cannot be added to an Annual MCard.

Rail Zones 1-5 & 6 only (Harrogate)
Weekly: £48.70
Monthly: £188.10
Quarterly: £564.50
Annual: £1,957.70

Status
Not open for further replies.