• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wymondham to St Pancras International - Via Stratford International

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurbostarFan

On Moderation
Is it possible to excess a Wymondham to London Terminals (Via Cambridge) return ticket to be valid to/from St Pancras International on one of its legs via Stratford International on a HS1 train? Or is the best way of doing it to excess that portion of the ticket to the Via Norwich route and buy a seperate ticket to/from St Pancras International and Stratford International?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Can you clarify what journey you wish to make?

If you already hold any ticket(s), please state which ticket(s) you hold too.

cactustwirly

Established Member
I think the OP would like to travel Wymondam - Norwich - Stratford - St Pancras International.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I did a search for Wymondham to London St Pancras, using Trainsplit's advanced options specifying changing at Norwich and Stratford, and it is offering
Advance fares, for example £16.30 (undiscounted OS1) departing at 1116 and arriving into St Pancras 1421. This includes validity on the DLR.

Unfortunately it's yet another example of a route that is only available to either Advance ticket holders, or to holders of two or more tickets for their journey.

There is no through walk-up fare that would be valid for travel from Wymondham to St Pancras via Norwich and Stratford/Stratford Intl due to the presence of a negative easement invoked by Southeastern.

Attachments

• wymondham-stp.jpg
    wymondham-stp.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 34

TurbostarFan

On Moderation
I think the OP would like to travel Wymondam - Norwich - Stratford - St Pancras International.
That is correct.

Can you clarify what journey you wish to make?

If you already hold any ticket(s), please state which ticket(s) you hold too.
I hold a Wymondham to London Terminals via Cambridge Off-Peak Return.

With a via Cambridge ticket? I'm not sure it's that clear.
Yes but I wish to excess the ticket in question to enable me to use the Via Norwich route.

Last edited by a moderator:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
No then; as described above the option exists only for Advance tickets.

(By the way, as an aside, please reply to 3 posts using one reply; simply click Quote and Reply multiple times within one post. Thanks!)

TurbostarFan

On Moderation
No then; as described above the option exists only for Advance tickets.

(By the way, as an aside, please reply to 3 posts using one reply; simply click Quote and Reply multiple times within one post. Thanks!)
Will do in the future, many thanks.

I am now aware that the answer is no and that the only solution is to buy a seperate ticket between the two stations. Many thanks to all that participated. :D

TurbostarFan

On Moderation
How come it's possible to do this from St Pancras to Norwich with a single then?

clagmonster

Established Member
How come it's possible to do this from St Pancras to Norwich with a single then?
There are fares from London St. Pancras to Wymondham route Plus High Speed. There are no such fares in the opposite direction. Why this is, I cannot answer. It could be an oversight by Greater Anglia. It could be lack of perceived demand. It could be a revenue issue. It could be something else completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.