• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

X-Men Pendolino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tibbs

Coming into Platform 17 this morning, there were a load of people milling around Platform 16, and a Pendolino with what looks like a new sticker job for a new X-Men movie (is one coming out?).

Didn't have chance to get a picture, but it looked pretty good - sort of black/grey/red.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wiggler

Stafford Station posted this photo:

1533837_785484974819504_753999054_n.jpg

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Wow,
That looks amazing.
Has it been named and will it stay in that livery?

Last edited:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Guess they're trying to tap into the market that East Coast has been recently using a bit.

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
Good to see that the railways are obviously considered still relevant enough these days for such a promotion.

carriageline

Established Member
Bit of a long shot, what head code was the train this morning? Want to do some digging at work!!

Darandio

Established Member
I guess but 390104 did and that is in the Alsom livery.

Thats not really the same though, Alstom build and maintain the trains, the livery was in recognition of the partnership whereas this is just a promotion for an upcoming film.

I do like it myself as well though.

user15681

Established Member
I'd like to point out that this train came into platform X, not platform 16. ;)

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
Perhaps we should keep a log of how long these promotional liveries are kept. I can't imagine it looks to good to have trains running around in long out-dated promotional colours.

I'm heading over to Manchester unit hunting on Thursday, I hope some kind soul can post workings when they are known so I can decide whether to go on to the WCML...

SeanG

One of the 185s is still in Liverpool Capital of Culture branding (2008) remember...

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Its not the first time a Pendolino has received a promotional livery. Back in 2006 390029 appeared in a Superman livery.

507 001

Established Member
Perhaps we should keep a log of how long these promotional liveries are kept. I can't imagine it looks to good to have trains running around in long out-dated promotional colours.

I'm heading over to Manchester unit hunting on Thursday, I hope some kind soul can post workings when they are known so I can decide whether to go on to the WCML...

That's a question I have been meaning to ask on here, have there been any promo liveries that have lasted longer than the event?

I can think of one.... There's a TPE 185 still running around in Liverpool capital of culture '08 vinyls.

fgwrich

Established Member
That's a question I have been meaning to ask on here, have there been any promo liveries that have lasted longer than the event?

I can think of one.... There's a TPE 185 still running around in Liverpool capital of culture '08 vinyls.

One of the 185s is still in Liverpool Capital of Culture branding (2008) remember...

TPEs 185108 - I like the extra detailing on that one and I know that's the Liverpool Capital of Culture unit because it seems to follow me.

WCML

I saw this unit this morning in Euston after alighting an exceptionally packed 1R05 ex Liverpool service. Virgin gave passengers the FU effect by subbing the usual /1 for a /0 which caused issues at animal central (MKC) when the cattle piled on and realised there were 2 coaches short.

Overcrowding is becoming a bit of an issue on this service what with the Milton Keynes animals that always disturb the peace that is upheld by more civil folk from Merseyside, Cheshire, Staffordshire and Warwickshire.

/rant.

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
Anyone know what services this will be running on Thursday (03/04) thanks.

Geezertronic

Established Member
Did they really put Wolverine on the displays at Euston? I thought the Wolverine thing was an April Fool :D

1T55 Euston Birmingham International and 1T56 was the return. I believe it left International at 15.18

Is that a regular occurrence that service terminates at International or was it for the promotion?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.