• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC Being Very Detailed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Clagalot

I had wondered if that was the case, but I hadnt realised that they didnt go over to WC until december

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Khss

well, thanks to a late running GNER service, (which pulled into Newcastle at 1729, leaving me with less than a minute to get across the bridge to catch the 1730 to Seaham... Yup, missed it) I was able to notice that the 1820 XC service to BNS was still Virgin Branded, even the shield on the nose (at the FC end) was still in place... it was a 221, also still had the nameplate one. I thought they all had to be debranded by the handover?

"Prince Madoc" (I think it's a 221) was still branded when I travelled on it Leeds-York on Friday.

the sniper

Established Member
A bit of a different one for a Saturday from londonmidland

#
10:42 Birmingham New Street to Walsall due 11:05

This train will be delayed at Birmingham New Street.This is due to an unusually large passenger flow.

Message Received: 10:36:07 27/11/2007
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
A bit of a different one for a Saturday from londonmidland

#
10:42 Birmingham New Street to Walsall due 11:05

This train will be delayed at Birmingham New Street.This is due to an unusually large passenger flow.

Message Received: 10:36:07 27/11/2007
#

Wonder why so many people want to go to Walsall :???: :razz:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Could be some football match? Don't those trains go past some sort of stadium?

aj1977

They go past but don't stop at Bescot Stadium

The Birmingham-Walsall trains DO stop at Bescot Stadium. It was closed for renovations in the summer but has since re-opened. The trains on that route also stop at Witton, which is the station for Villa Park so there could have been football fans going there.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

The train that was delayed was a semifast service to Walsall calling at Tamebridge Parkway and Walsall only. The xx:57 and xx:27 services serve Bescot etc

Status
Not open for further replies.