• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC Booking Horizons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'm trying to book some Hull-Plymouth XC advance tickets for 24th August, but to my suprise it appears that tickets haven't yet been released. This seems strange as XC have generally been booking up to the same date as NXEC, but they now appear to be a week behind. Meanwhile, the useless XC doesn't appear to say when they are booking up to.

Any ideas about when these tickets will be released?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

djw1981

Established Member
Is that not bank holiday weekend time and XC may be waiting for NR to confirm engineering?

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
If my memory serves, NR must tell TOCs of engineering work 12 weeks before it happens (start of June in this case), in turn TOCs tell NR what service alterations they need and a timetable is put together no later than 8 weeks before (late June). So in theory the latest they should appear is the end of this month.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Status
Not open for further replies.