• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC change of train

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am booked on the 11:11 from Cheltenham to Leeds this Friday.

I hold an Advance single. The price was £95.80 and the ticket shows a route of "XC Only".

My travel plans have changed and I now need to travel 1 hour later (the 12:11)

The current price for the 12:11 is £98.30 - a difference of £2.50 (plus the £10 admin fee)

However, the £98.30 fare is an Off Peak Single route "not London".

I was under the impression that a TOC specific ticket cannot be excess to a different route. Am I able to obtain this excess ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
You can excess to that, but it will have the restrictions of both, i.e. effectively "XC Only AND not London".

If however you bought from a Trainline derived site, the way they do changes (refund and reissue) means you will actually get an unrestricted (not London) ticket.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
I am booked on the 11:11 from Cheltenham to Leeds this Friday.

I hold an Advance single. The price was £95.80 and the ticket shows a route of "XC Only".

My travel plans have changed and I now need to travel 1 hour later (the 12:11)

The current price for the 12:11 is £98.30 - a difference of £2.50 (plus the £10 admin fee)

However, the £98.30 fare is an Off Peak Single route "not London".

I was under the impression that a TOC specific ticket cannot be excess to a different route. Am I able to obtain this excess ?
If you have booked through a Trainline based site, such as CrossCountry, then yes, you will be able to obtain the change. That is because these sites process such changes by means of a refund and repurchase - though what it kept constant is the origin, destination and passenger details (number, Railcards etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.