• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC Driver Turns

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTrain

How is the driving seperared on their long routes? For example, VTWC change crew at Preston and VTEC at Newcastle I think.

They must change at Brum, but their Aberdeen - Penzance must require quite a few changes, where do these occur, or does it vary?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
How is the driving seperared on their long routes? For example, VTWC change crew at Preston and VTEC at Newcastle I think.

They must change at Brum, but their Aberdeen - Penzance must require quite a few changes, where do these occur, or does it vary?
Depends on the turn and the day. VTEC change at more than just Newcastle and likewise with VTWC they change at more than just Preston.

Mugby

Established Member
Does anyone know what the status of XC in Derby is?

They used to have a crew depot at the north end of Platform 1 but I understand conductors were moved to Birmingham some years ago.
Are any XC drivers still based at Derby?

Established Member
Does anyone know what the status of XC in Derby is?

They used to have a crew depot at the north end of Platform 1 but I understand conductors were moved to Birmingham some years ago.
Are any XC drivers still based at Derby?
Yes, Derby is Drivers only alongside the training centre etc.

driver_m

Established Member
Manchester drivers go down to Reading on their South Coast services.

driver_m

Established Member
Depends on the turn and the day. VTEC change at more than just Newcastle and likewise with VTWC they change at more than just Preston.

There are a few changeovers mainly on the via Brum Scottish services. Pretty much everything does changeover at Preston though as there's only Preston drivers sign both sides of the station. All other depots have to relieve there as they don't sign beyond Preston. .

route101

Established Member
Noticed that there is a driver change at Edinburgh for services to and from Glasgow i think .

Status
Not open for further replies.