• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC Failure Newquay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
1S55 11 32 XC HST Newquay to Edinburgh complete failure just after leaving Newquay. MOM went to site to assess position if evacuation required. The offending Set was worked by Power Cars 43378 + 43366. 57605, the GWR Night Sleeper Loco was scrambled from Penzance to assist, leaving at 1415 and will work as 1T55 1625 Newquay to Plymouth, 1S55 re-starting Bristol TM worked by Voyager.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

greaterwest

Established Member
Oh dear, more CrossCountry woes at Newquay then. This summer timetable is not working out well for them.

Established Member
Poor show from XC today though. On it's inward journey it was running on One Engine Only and XC were aware that the remaining power car was struggling.

sonic2009

Established Member
Where is it stabling overnight tonight then? Cannot find anything on RTT.

David Goddard

Established Member
The HST. after arrival at Plymouth, then worked 1Z75 1840 to Birmingham New St.

RTT shows that 1T55 didn't get into Plymouth until 18:59.

1Z75 left on time at 18:25, so was probably formed from inbound 1V54 as booked.

Cant imagine that it would go straight back into service without a trip to Laira for investigations.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I have it on good authority that a Voyager worked 1Z75. Could be interesting tomorrow as we may have an HST vice a Voyager on a Plymouth XC starter.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Could be interesting tomorrow as we may have an HST vice a Voyager on a Plymouth XC starter.

Would they be likely to get the stock back on the book diagrams by terminating the HST at New Street, using the hot spare to carry the working forwards and then reverse the process when the Voyager that is presumably in the HST diagram comes south?

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I have been on 4 XC hst services over the last two days and all have performed well. Hopefully this pair can get fettled up asap as they could be useful on a bank holiday

ScouserGirl

This summer timetable is going slightly wrong for CrossCountry! I noticed the sleeper left 30L last night from Penzance due to this..

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
This summer timetable is going slightly wrong for CrossCountry! I noticed the sleeper left 30L last night from Penzance due to this..

Waiting 57605 to return to Penzance and fuelled first.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Would they be likely to get the stock back on the book diagrams by terminating the HST at New Street, using the hot spare to carry the working forwards and then reverse the process when the Voyager that is presumably in the HST diagram comes south?

Stock is displaced from Diagrams every day and all over the place. Juggling has to be done because you can't take one case in isolation. when diagrams are so complex..

Last edited:

Martin_1981

I saw the set today between Starcross and Exeter on the 1325 Plymouth-Edinburgh. It was running about 5-6 mins late when I saw it, though it seems to be performing ok as it is now nearing York, running only a couple of mins late.

Mark62

More victims of rationalisation itch Newquay being reduced to a single track stub. No standbys as a result of privatisation. Combine the two and you have complete chaos.
In the UK we really haven't a clue how to effectively run a railway.
The nearest loco was Penzance. What a farce.

Status
Not open for further replies.