• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC HST diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
Sorry. I know we've been over this but (having looked at it) I meant to say, regarding 1V54, that it was reported full and standing from Taunton. The service someone was on was actually a 4-car Voyager which doesn't surprise us all!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Sorry. I know we've been over this but (having looked at it) I meant to say, regarding 1V54, that it was reported full and standing from Taunton. The service someone was on was actually a 4-car Voyager which doesn't surprise us all!
What? 1V54 on Friday was a HST. Not a 4 car voyager no was it full and standing.

Class 170101

Established Member
Has anyone seen the new diagrams for December yet?

Given that the HSTs will be maintained at Laira instaed of Craigentinny I wonder if their workings have changed?

cactustwirly

Established Member
Has anyone seen the new diagrams for December yet?

Given that the HSTs will be maintained at Laira instaed of Craigentinny I wonder if their workings have changed?

Would imagine that it's the opposite to now, ie early/late diagrams to/from Plymouth, and working to Edinburgh during the daytime

Last edited:

sufian123

What RTT shows as a HST timing load is not indicative of what will be HST (although it is likely that they'll be some overlap).

I know but what showing on RTT gives rough idea what could be happening. Like it’s shows 0606 Edinburgh to Plymouth arrives Plymouth then goes to Laira. Another HST then continues to Leeds. 0606 edin-ply is always a hst Monday-Fridays. This could be true.

_toommm_

Established Member
Hi guys, booked onto the 06:06 Edinburgh to Plymouth on 13th November - I know RTT is not official but it is booked as a HST. Is that service planned to be one? I really don't want 9 and a half hours on a Voyager...

sufian123

Hi guys, booked onto the 06:06 Edinburgh to Plymouth on 13th November - I know RTT is not official but it is booked as a HST. Is that service planned to be one? I really don't want 9 and a half hours on a Voyager...

Yes it’s booked to be a HST subject to availability. Best to ask on the day.

cactustwirly

Established Member

Yes it appears to be a HST, finishes at NL, so unlikely to be a Voyager.

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
Well. The 2 GWR power cars trailing the HST could always be loaned to XC :). I

I won't stop loving the HST's but it's nearly always one of these that fails in the XC fleet. The MTU engines are only around 10 years old. I bet if XC swapped the MTU power cars with 2 Paxman VP185's from East Midlands Trains fleet that a bit better reliability would be achieved?

Established Member
Well. The 2 GWR power cars trailing the HST could always be loaned to XC :). I

I won't stop loving the HST's but it's nearly always one of these that fails in the XC fleet. The MTU engines are only around 10 years old. I bet if XC swapped the MTU power cars with 2 Paxman VP185's from East Midlands Trains fleet that a bit better reliability would be achieved?
Very unlikely.

sprinterguy

Established Member
A hst failed at Exeter on Tuesday and was dragged to Laira by 2 GWR powercars yesterday.

Clip from twitter
https://mobile.twitter.com/DawlishBeach/status/1057661193631031296
Ah, I wondered how they were going to get that shifted after it became apparent that both power cars were dead. Quite a novel solution. Thanks for sharing that link.

In other news of unusual manoeuvres for Crosscountry power cars, 43366 made it to Skipton on Tuesday (or was it Monday?) evening while on hire to LNER.

cactustwirly

Established Member
XC are still a set down.
Today's 1224 PLY - EDI is a double Voyager vice HST.
And the 1325 is cancelled through to Bristol and is a single Voyager vice HST.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
XC are still a set down.
Today's 1224 PLY - EDI is a double Voyager vice HST.
And the 1325 is cancelled through to Bristol and is a single Voyager vice HST.

Perhaps they want to get the Voyagers on the way first as the Dawlish allergy is due to kick in at 1400

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Right I was told it was a booked HST diagram (the timing load corroberated this)

Remember that diagrams are all over the place at the moment due to the Bristol area Engineering work. The timing loads would not necessarily be amended STP so long as the train itself was in the system.

cactustwirly

Established Member
Remember that diagrams are all over the place at the moment due to the Bristol area Engineering work. The timing loads would not necessarily be amended STP so long as the train itself was in the system.

Yeah it was posted on another forum, which was about XC HST diagrams during diversions

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
Good morning. Sorry if you're already aware but on Twitter (not in the exact words), CrossCountry reported the 7-car train (HST obviously :) ) broke down in Plymouth. That's why the 13:25 from Plymouth was started from Bristol as a 4-coach Voyager.

It wouldn't be the first time I've voiced my concern regarding HST's (last time was around the end of June / early July 2016 with GWR who assured me they are always working hard to keep them in top condition but it wasn't always possible) in that the XC HST's don't seem to be getting through a week without problems.

Up until say 10/09/18 (apart one on the 24/08/18) there were no coaches less than 7 on the HST services on JourneyCheck and now XC are having to run Voyagers in place of the big trains which on a weekend (like yesterday in particular) doesn't help!

Hopefully it's just a case of a few each having problems as now isn't the time to have reliability issues with HST's. It wouldn't surprise me if the LNER HST's win the most reliable HST's this year / won it again last year - on a VTEC power car once or twice this year, I basically read the VTEC HAT's being the most reliable HST's of 2016.

If this is true for this year, then they must be more suited to 9-coach formations.

sufian123

Good morning. Sorry if you're already aware but on Twitter (not in the exact words), CrossCountry reported the 7-car train (HST obviously :) ) broke down in Plymouth. That's why the 13:25 from Plymouth was started from Bristol as a 4-coach Voyager.

It wouldn't be the first time I've voiced my concern regarding HST's (last time was around the end of June / early July 2016 with GWR who assured me they are always working hard to keep them in top condition but it wasn't always possible) in that the XC HST's don't seem to be getting through a week without problems.

Up until say 10/09/18 (apart one on the 24/08/18) there were no coaches less than 7 on the HST services on JourneyCheck and now XC are having to run Voyagers in place of the big trains which on a weekend (like yesterday in particular) doesn't help!

Hopefully it's just a case of a few each having problems as now isn't the time to have reliability issues with HST's. It wouldn't surprise me if the LNER HST's win the most reliable HST's this year / won it again last year - on a VTEC power car once or twice this year, I basically read the VTEC HAT's being the most reliable HST's of 2016.

If this is true for this year, then they must be more suited to 9-coach formations.

Hi that hst broke down not in Laira. It broke down earlier last week. Battery fault I hear. It seems Laira couldn’t repair it on time. You can’t blame them it’s mechanical fault. LNER have more hsts compared to CC so we can’t compare with them. Lner are short of power cars they’ve been borrowing lately.

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
I think the 125 Group needs to correct it's XC HST 2018 diagram sheet for from 8th October - a passenger told XC that on Saturday one of the services was half the coaches it should be. This was the 12:45 from York to Sheffield (09:00 Glasgow to Penzance service) which XC say it was correctly formed (4 or 5-coach Voyager)!

In fact the XC HST Saturday diagrams on the 125 Group website were the summer Saturday ones.
Common sense though to use an HST on that Glasgow to Penzance service which would be an ideal service for passengers to get this train back from their holiday in Scotland / North East in the morning back towards Birmingham, Bristol and the South West. They'd arrive home for tea!

cactustwirly

Established Member
I think the 125 Group needs to correct it's XC HST 2018 diagram sheet for from 8th October - a passenger told XC that on Saturday one of the services was half the coaches it should be. This was the 12:45 from York to Sheffield (09:00 Glasgow to Penzance service) which XC say it was correctly formed (4 or 5-coach Voyager)!

In fact the XC HST Saturday diagrams on the 125 Group website were the summer Saturday ones.
Common sense though to use an HST on that Glasgow to Penzance service which would be an ideal service for passengers to get this train back from their holiday in Scotland / North East in the morning back towards Birmingham, Bristol and the South West. They'd arrive home for tea!

The diagrams are different to normal due to the Filton Blockade.

I don't think many people go on holiday from Bristol/Birmingham to Glasgow, and most who do would fly....

Status
Not open for further replies.