• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC HST diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

route101

Established Member
I think the 125 Group needs to correct it's XC HST 2018 diagram sheet for from 8th October - a passenger told XC that on Saturday one of the services was half the coaches it should be. This was the 12:45 from York to Sheffield (09:00 Glasgow to Penzance service) which XC say it was correctly formed (4 or 5-coach Voyager)!

In fact the XC HST Saturday diagrams on the 125 Group website were the summer Saturday ones.
Common sense though to use an HST on that Glasgow to Penzance service which would be an ideal service for passengers to get this train back from their holiday in Scotland / North East in the morning back towards Birmingham, Bristol and the South West. They'd arrive home for tea!

0900 from Glasgow has been HST operated at times , latterly on some Saturdays .

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
If anyone is interested - 1V50 today (0606 Edinburgh to Plymouth) is formed of 43304/43357 plus the power-operated door MK3 coaches

_toommm_

Established Member
Had that on Sunday on a vice Voyager diagram

The only thing that bothers me is the big strip of metals and rivets above the door where they've sliced a bit away, and how the door is on a step. Other than that I imagine they may fool some folk....

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
If anyone is interested - 1V50 today (0606 Edinburgh to Plymouth) is formed of 43304/43357 plus the power-operated door MK3 coaches

Gave it a go today (couldn't do it on Friday as planned in the end). Nothing much to write home about other than it just looks a bit odd not seeing a droplight window!

_toommm_

Established Member
Gave it a go today (couldn't do it on Friday as planned in the end). Nothing much to write home about other than it just looks a bit odd not seeing a droplight window!

Definitely weird! Was a shame as I wanted to get a photo of the sun rising on the East Coast

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Does anyone know yet if the diagrams have been finalised for Saturday 5th January? In particular I am looking at Bristol-Birmingham in the evening. Thanks! :)

cactustwirly

Established Member
Does anyone know yet if the diagrams have been finalised for Saturday 5th January? In particular I am looking at Bristol-Birmingham in the evening. Thanks! :)

There's no engineering works, so it should be the 1225 PLY - GLC, and the 1625 PLY - LDS.

sufian123

It’s to early to say. Booked are 1430 and 1930 off Bristol to Birmingham. If no engineering works.

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
According to JourneyCheck (not in the exact words), the 12:25 from Plymouth to Glasgow is being run by 3 trains - a Voyager to Derby, an HST from Derby to Edinburgh then an HST. I know the first Voyager was due to a fault with an HST. To be honest I'm not sure why it's a Voyager from Edinburgh. The whole service may as well be a Voyager.

sufian123

According to JourneyCheck (not in the exact words), the 12:25 from Plymouth to Glasgow is being run by 3 trains - a Voyager to Derby, an HST from Derby to Edinburgh then an HST. I know the first Voyager was due to a fault with an HST. To be honest I'm not sure why it's a Voyager from Edinburgh. The whole service may as well be a Voyager.

Hi they need that HST in Craigtinny urgently. As with a power car failure only one is being used. Good that Tyseley fixed one in working to allow it run as far as Edinburgh.

sufian123

It’s not 3 cars it’s 4. Between Plymouth and derby then 7 cars hst between derby and Edinburgh. Voyager between Edinburgh and Glasgow. Due to power car failure.

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
Right :) - sorry I meant 3 trains altogether. Its great that XC and Tyseley fixed one so that passengers can enjoy up to nearly 4 and a hak

louis97

Established Member
No 43301 and 43366 I presuming 43366 failed. As 43301 was leading.
The fault was wiper defects. The leading power car had a wiper fault at Wakefield Westgate, so train was diverted via Beighton. At Wilnecote the train then struck a pigeon which damaged the wiper arm on the other end of the train.

sufian123

The fault was wiper defects. The leading power car had a wiper fault at Wakefield Westgate, so train was diverted via Beighton. At Wilnecote the train then struck a pigeon which damaged the wiper arm on the other end of the train.

Via Brighton junction you mean? Thanks someone said power car failure to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.