• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC HST railtour 27th Sept 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
Hi all, I hope you're ok.

I'm not sure if there's a thread on this but some of you may be aware of CrossCountry trains running an HST to and from Kidderminster and Bridgnorth on Tuesday 27th September.

I've booked the £35 First Class ticket to and from Kidderminster and Bridgnorth 12:45-15:15.

Thank goodness at a bargain :)! I'll be on the 07:48 GWR IET from Oxford via Worcester Foregate Street and from there the 16:09 or 16:44 back.

Let's hope they don't send a Voyager out when people have paid to actually travel on the HST!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Towers

Established Member
Just to clarify, it's running up & down the SVR? Not going out onto the mainline?

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
Ah, that makes more sense!

My guess is given the email confirmation that after it's come from Leeds it will enter the SVR, wait a bit then pull into one of the platforms before leaving at 12:45.

My only niggle - you can't reserve seats and you'll be told where to sit. I personally would prefer to sit nearest the power car but as long as its at a table seat I'm happy.

I've never done an HST from Kidderminster to Bridgnorth before :)!

Status
Not open for further replies.