• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC - Leeds -Bristol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islandexpress

Have I missed something? Just went to book a Leeds - Bristol TM return on Thursday (Feb 14) and there was a distinct lack of direct trains. Thought Leeds, from York, NE and Scotland to Bristol and SW were hourly? Now seems to be Reading and Southampton services? Return wants to route me via Man Picc.

Also, the prices were obscene - must be very few advance fares available?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

During the work at Derby, the Scotland and North East trains changed to go towards Reading, and the Manchester trains went towards Bristol and Plymouth. I don't know if the work at Derby is still ongoing but that could be what is causing the lack of direct trains.

lammergeier

Ambergate Jcn being remodelled so Chesterfield-Derby closed. Diversions via Erewash which adds half an hour, hence destinations mixed up. Only this week.

cuccir

Established Member
During the work at Derby, the Scotland and North East trains changed to go towards Reading, and the Manchester trains went towards Bristol and Plymouth. I don't know if the work at Derby is still ongoing but that could be what is causing the lack of direct trains.

Just to provide a slight correction to this: the Scotland to South West via Leeds trains are rerouted to Reading/Southampton, and the Newcastle to Reading/Southampton via Doncaster trains are rerouted to the South West, but all this week only.

HowardGWR

Established Member
I just tried to emulate your booking using the XC site but it just hangs on 'choose date' when you try to pick up date of travel (this is using Chrome). Anyone else getting this problem with Google Chrome (or other browsers)?

Islandexpress

I have to use a company booking site that ‘scrapes’ something else. I check on the Nat Rail App as the information given isn’t great. Impossible to achieve and tried to be creative with splitting but nothing sub £200ish for the return journey.
I just tried to emulate your booking using the XC site but it just hangs on 'choose date' when you try to pick up date of travel (this is using Chrome). Anyone else getting this problem with Google Chrome (or other browsers)?

Phil Atack

Always worth looking to see if one of the Rover tickets might be useful in a situation like this:
Leeds - Nottingham return + Worcester - Temple Meads return + Heart of England 3 in 7 day Rover works out at around £130 without railcard

Established Member
Always worth looking to see if one of the Rover tickets might be useful in a situation like this:
Leeds - Nottingham return + Worcester - Temple Meads return + Heart of England 3 in 7 day Rover works out at around £130 without railcard
You'd need a ticket from Cheltenham to Bristol unless you change and go into Gloucester and change again. Also a massive time loss going to Nottingham from Leeds first.

Status
Not open for further replies.