• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC MTUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

1D53

Established Member
Bout 9 I think, just before Sleeper leaves.

Bayum

Established Member
Does anyone have any idea what the bookings will be for Thursday 21st August 13:10 Leeds - Penzance, and the 09:16 AXC Service from Bodmin to Birmingham New Street on the 30th August??

Me and my mate have decided to go down in the end - less than £50 in the end for my mate to go - with adult tickets as well =D

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Does anyone have any idea what the bookings will be for Thursday 21st August 13:10 Leeds - Penzance, and the 09:16 AXC Service from Bodmin to Birmingham New Street on the 30th August??

Be aware that engineering works on 30th/31st August mean that some of the AXC services diagramed to be HSTs are in fact going to be Voyagers.

Bayum

Established Member
Because - i'd asked if on the Saturday, it would be a HST - but I was then told it would be a Voyager (Love em!!), then Max said that the HST on Saturday might not run because of engineering works.

=o ouch, where are the engineering works??

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
=o ouch, where are the engineering works??

Between Derby and Sheffield, bustitutions I'm afraid. Presumably, some of the HSTs aren't running because they wouldn't be able to get back to EC.

Bayum

Established Member
Ahh well - the cheaper ticket was Bodmin - New Street, New Street - Piccadilly, Piccadily - Leeds. So either way - it should be alright!! Unless the train gets delayed..

Thats a point, obviously because they're advance tickets - they have restrictions on what trains I can travel on etc, what would I do if the train was later, and we thefore missed our connections??? Theres ten minutes at New Street, and ten minutes at Piccadilly... So, if we're late arriving into either of those, it's not going to look good is it!!

Bayum

Established Member
Well, my train arrives at 13:31, and the next one leaves at 13:48 - so, around about 15 minutes - where do I stand then It's the same at Manchester, arrives at 15:37 and the next one departs at 15:42

devon_metro

Established Member
Check the minimum connection time at Manchester - but it won't be 5 minutes so if you are delayed you are stuffed.

BJMorley

Saw 43301 Fly through Chesterfield yesterday, probably getting back to Craigentinny, does anyone know the time it's coming in Derby today? I'll try and phot it!!
Brandon

Bayum

Established Member
Right - because my second attempt at trying to post my connection times didn't work - i'll paste the email

Outward Journey: Saturday, 30/08/2008departs BODMIN PARKWAY at 09:16 travel by Train service provider CROSSCOUNTRY to station BIRMINGHAM NEW STREET arrives 13:31 Coach: C - Seat: 30A, departs BIRMINGHAM NEW STREET at 13:48 travel by Train service provider CROSSCOUNTRY to station MANCHESTER PICCADILLY arrives 15:27 Coach: D - Seat: 54A, departs MANCHESTER PICCADILLY at 15:42 travel by Train service provider TRANSPENNINE EXPRESS to station LEEDS arrives 16:36 Coach: C - Seat: 01A,

And Liam - minimum connection times are all fine and dandy - but it doesn't answer my question about what i can do if the trains late and we miss the connection.

Brandon - which train is it in question - going to where??

Last edited:

me123

Established Member
Considering it's an "Edinburgh-Plymouth" train, I'd assume that it won't continue to Penzance...

Bayum

Established Member
Thats the time it gets there!! But im not even sure thats the HST anyways... It was just a "if it is, here are the times"

Bayum

Established Member
1256 1257 are scheduled arrival and departure. Second batch of times are what time it is expected. 6rdfar90 - How did you get such detailed timings?

I ask around - why?? Should I not have them??

devon_metro

Established Member
I ask around - why?? Should I not have them??

Well - its not a public source of live departures to say the least. But no, nothing wrong with possessing the times. Just not a good idea to post them on publically viewable forums.

Bayum

Established Member
Hahahaha - Nah, I meant it as in - should I not have them for like, only staff should have them kinda of thing, or your in trouble !!

Status
Not open for further replies.