• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC reduction in HST fleet usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobShipway

Established Member
Can the administrators change the subject of this thread please to Voyagers: Loathe them or Like them?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Blindtraveler

Established Member
or perhaps even
The0official Rail UK Voyager slagging threat, and maybe even make it a sticky? Then there woant be so many of these things reinventing the wheel? If inappropriate for this thread then pehaps with mods permission one could be made?

tbtc

Veteran Member
Just a thought, but since this thread is (officially) about XC's use of HSTs, if they aren't using them all over the winter period (and they aren't working on refurbing them?) then should they be encouraged to loan the "spare" ones to other Intercity operators?

(assuming the wifi work is completed etc)

Blindtraveler

Established Member
nice idea but im wondering also if once wifi and reservation system upgrades are don they will be put to work a cupple of diagrams which will allow the 22x refreshes to step up? I understand the fitting of wifi is not being done at the same time as the internal refresh

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
Voyager Riding should be made some sort of new Olympic sport, designed to test endurance. That'd separate the wheat from the chaff.

To take part you have to ride in a 220 with broken aircon all the way from Aberdeen to Penzance.

I never ever thought that I might be in with a chance at winning an Olympic medal! I think I've probably got a fairly good claim on this one though :D

nice idea but im wondering also if once wifi and reservation system upgrades are don they will be put to work a cupple of diagrams which will allow the 22x refreshes to step up? I understand the fitting of wifi is not being done at the same time as the internal refresh

I think theres a pretty good chance this will be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.