• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC reservation failure- an innovative idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

richw

Veteran Member
I so often hear negativity about lack of seat reservations on XC when the display inevitable fails I feel the need to publically congratulate them today for going above and beyond. I imagine it being the Train manager and his crew specifically who went above their duties.

I caught the 1242 from Hayle - destination Bristol TM. The reservations had failed, but somebody somewhere had a brilliant idea. They'd hand written every reservation on blank ticket stock and placed on every seat required. Credit where credit is due its good to see the staff clearly went above and beyond today.

And the aircon was on much needed arctic mode! I was uncomfortably hot prior to boarding and the arctic conditions were a god send.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WelshBluebird

Established Member
I think this is standard practice for XC as I have seen it done before on Voyagers and HSTs.

route:oxford

Established Member
Has the reservation system hardware changed since the units were introduced?

If not, it's doing really well on heritage kit. 13 years old now - and the designs will be at least 2 years old by the time they were installed.

I've been through at least 5 laptops in that time...

Jonfun

Established Member
Generally you find either traditional labels are requested in advance if it's a known fault, or at shorter notice, printed via Avantix onto ticket stock. Although as you say, it's not unknown for some folk to use handwritten ones if other channels are unavailable :)

Status
Not open for further replies.