• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC Ten Minute Seat Reservations

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave87016

Established Member
Hi all

I plan on doing a 3 in 7 day Heart Of England Rover next week is it possible to use the Cross Country trains 10 minute seat reservation using my mobile with this Rover ticket ? I wont be planning my trains till on the day so just wondered if its possible

Thanks in advance for any help much appreciated as usual

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Hi all

I plan on doing a 3 in 7 day Heart Of England Rover next week is it possible to use the Cross Country trains 10 minute seat reservation using my mobile with this Rover ticket ? I wont be planning my trains till on the day so just wondered if its possible

Is it permitted by the T&Cs? No, it's only permitted for Anytime and Off Peak.

Will it work? Yes, I imagine so.

Established Member
Neil Williams:2131247 said:
Hi all

Is it permitted by the T&Cs? No, it's only permitted for Anytime and Off Peak.

Will it work? Yes, I imagine so.
I've done it on West Midlands Day rangers several times, never knew you weren't allowed to!

The last time I did it, the response from the passenger sat in my seat was 'F*ck off' mind!:D

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I've done it on West Midlands Day rangers several times, never knew you weren't allowed to!

The implication of the wording (to me) is that it isn't allowed for Advances, though why you'd want to I have no idea, and that they forgot about other ticket types. I don't see how it could be enforced, other than refusing you help kicking someone out of the seat if the ticket was of the wrong type.

Established Member
Neil Williams:2131269 said:

The implication of the wording (to me) is that it isn't allowed for Advances, though why you'd want to I have no idea, and that they forgot about other ticket types. I don't see how it could be enforced, other than refusing you help kicking someone out of the seat if the ticket was of the wrong type.
the TM seemed willing to help, and she had seen my ticket however this is a December saturday vomiter out of BHM so it was rather full by then!

gray1404

Established Member
It will be fine. Even if it says its for Off Peaks and Anytimes, there is no way of enforcing it.

The TM should be willing to help if you have any problems taking your seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.