• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Xc trains annual leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stench

How many weeks do drivers get per year working for xc trains. Do they get the option if working a bank holiday to sell or bank it?
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
How many weeks do drivers get per year working for xc trains. Do they get the option if working a bank holiday to sell or bank it?
Thanks

What does your grandad reckon? Always worth an ask :D...

Last edited:

Efini92

Established Member
I think it’s 5 weeks plus 8 days ( 2 have to be saved for Christmas Day and Boxing Day )

driver9000

Established Member
Bank holidays don't exist on the railway with the exception of Christmas and Boxing day. They're generally treated as normal working days.

Zerothebrake!

One week early spring, one week late spring, 2x weeks summer and one week winter plus eleven floating days - of which, you have to keep two back for xmas ( unless your RD on those two days).

the sniper

Established Member
One week early spring, one week late spring, 2x weeks summer and one week winter plus eleven floating days - of which, you have to keep two back for xmas ( unless your RD on those two days).

Crikey, who sold the floating days for the extra bloc week in Spring?! Hope it was worth it. Where I was we felt we'd sold out with the Xmas/Boxing Day arrangement when we had 15 floating days to play with!

lammergeier

Crikey, who sold the floating days for the extra bloc week in Spring?! Hope it was worth it. Where I was we felt we'd sold out with the Xmas/Boxing Day arrangement when we had 15 floating days to play with!

The facility to bank rest days means it's fine.

Established Member
The requirement to use AL days for Xmas and Boxing Day seems pretty universal, from what I can tell. It’s certainly annoying! I miscalculated one year, ended up running out of leave, and lost two days‘ pay. Not what you want in December!

class 9

One thing that is kept quiet is that you don’t get the full entitlement of 11 floating days for 5 years, you start with 6 & it increases 1 day per year.

Stench

So if you work a bank holiday is it considered a normal day of the week.?

Status
Not open for further replies.