• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC Voyager Coach A Seating Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter166

I have booked an Advance First Class ticket from Bristol Parkway to Stafford on a XC service operated by a Voyager.
I have been allocated Seat 21A in Coach A.
I assumed the A after the seat number 21 referred to it being an airline type seat, but on looking at the seating plan for Coach A on the XC website, seat 21 is shown as being located around a table of 4 seats numbered 21,22,25 & 26.
I was wondering why the reservation refers to the seat as 21A?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Where each seat is individually numbered they're all listed as Airline on the system. On XC the seats are individually numbered.

StarCrossing

Worth noting for the future that you can choose your reserved seat if you purchase on the XC website. I've never been charged any fees from this website though some people have apparently.

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Worth noting for the future that you can choose your reserved seat if you purchase on the XC website. I've never been charged any fees from this website though some people have apparently.

XC charge you for just about anything bar credit card and booking fees unlike Trainline or RedSpottedHanky which do, although they do charge you to pick up your ticket from a TVM which is pretty ridiculous although there is a reason behind it.
Sam

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
Trainline charge a multitude of booking fees.

Avoid!

Download TOC apps to your mobile. Buy your ticket on that and download to your phone. Easiest and cheapest way to do it!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Or far better still, go into a ticket office and speak to a human being. They will know alternative routes and places to change that are easier, (examples huddersfield instead of York, Winchester instead of Southampton) can find split ticket options (although they are at no liberty to offer these) will look to see if an off-peak return is cheaper than two advance singles - which is often the case, you buy tickets online, you get given a time and a price but you dont know what it is you are getting in most cases - and you will probably get a better deal than the computer!

Kite159

Veteran Member
XC charge you for just about anything bar credit card and booking fees unlike Trainline or RedSpottedHanky which do, although they do charge you to pick up your ticket from a TVM which is pretty ridiculous although there is a reason behind it.
Sam

XC will charge TVM collection fees if the ticket you are buying can be produced as an e-ticket (or mobile ticket), such as an advance fare.

The trick is to start the order with a ticket which can't be made into an e-ticket then they won't charge the £1 fee for collection

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
XC will charge TVM collection fees if the ticket you are buying can be produced as an e-ticket (or mobile ticket), such as an advance fare.

The trick is to start the order with a ticket which can't be made into an e-ticket then they won't charge the £1 fee for collection
Ahh i see thanks for that Kite.
Sam

XC is train line, XC just piggy back the system. XC don't use a ticket engine its sub contracted to train line who then have to pay to use the other TOC's TVM machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.