• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC Voyager Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lrd

Established Member
They operate almost everything apart from 2 or 3 HST's and the Cardiff - Nottingham's which are normally 170's, although can be a Voyager.

CC 72100

Established Member
Yep, the info is correct. Just consider voyager to be all except a) Cardiff-Nottingham operations, and b) Birmingham - Stanstead services (170s as pointed out above) APART FROM the 2/3 HST diagrams, which can be found here http://www.125group.org.uk/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=30

(Kind Thanks to the 125 group for making these available, has often guided me in my decision on which train to take home!)

Last edited:

hooky3

if you are wondering what ones are 4 car and 5 car i don't think they have specific diagrams to follow, however I think that services on the Reading and Southampton route are usually 4 cars and the Edinburgh-Plymouth usually 5 cars during the week, can anyone confirm this?

CC 72100

Established Member
if you are wondering what ones are 4 car and 5 car i don't think they have specific diagrams to follow, however I think that services on the Reading and Southampton route are usually 4 cars and the Edinburgh-Plymouth usually 5 cars during the week, can anyone confirm this?

Although I can't confirm this, my moves book tends to suggest this. I have only had a 220 myself South of Exeter in one of 3 circumstances

a) It was not a weekday
b) If it was a train from Paignton
c) If it was actually 2x 220

Therefore, what you say about PLY - EDB during the week seems to ring true (although I did see 4-car 221141 on one of those diagrams the other day, to add a further spanner into the works)

jopsuk

Veteran Member
They operate almost everything apart from 2 or 3 HST's and the Cardiff - Nottingham's which are normally 170's, although can be a Voyager.

You're forgetting the Birmingham-Stansted Airport service, which is 100% 170s, and only single 2 or 3 car units.

hooky3

Although I can't confirm this, my moves book tends to suggest this. I have only had a 220 myself South of Exeter in one of 3 circumstances

a) It was not a weekday
b) If it was a train from Paignton
c) If it was actually 2x 220

Therefore, what you say about PLY - EDB during the week seems to ring true (although I did see 4-car 221141 on one of those diagrams the other day, to add a further spanner into the works)

there are some 220's that work to EDB from Plymouth but I think that there a lot more 221's that work on this route. However there is a 220x2 that works from EDB to Plymouth everyday of the week apart from Saturday

Lrd

Established Member
Yes, apologies, forgot about the Stansted's.

We get our fair share of 221's down here in Southampton. The Soton - Newcastle extensions are often 221's.

hooky3

most of the morning and early afternoon services on a sunday from Edinburgh are 220s for some strange reason with a couple of double sets formed of 220s

marky7890

Thanks for your replies, however what I mean is does anyone know what train runs what services?

So for example
one of them does 5S37 then 1S37 etc

CC 72100

Established Member
Thanks for your replies, however what I mean is does anyone know what train runs what services?

So for example
one of them does 5S37 then 1S37 etc

I'm not sure whether that's available. They are in my link for the HST diagrams (XC01 works service X, meaning that it works service Y, and then does service X) but I don't believe that there is anything as detailed available for Voyagers. (I'm willing to be corrected though!)

However, you could always have a look in the timetable, and check the next departure from where the train terminates. For example, I know for a fact that the arrival in Plymouth at XX:48 goes back North again 35 minutes later at XX:23

All I can offer on that one I'm afraid :|

TEW

Established Member
The 220s and 221s are diagrammed separately but they don't always stick to diagram. All Newcastle-Reading trains used to be booked 220s with everything else a mix of 220s and 221s, not sure if that is still true. Plenty of 220s used on the Plymouth-Edinburgh route.

Status
Not open for further replies.