• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC Voyager Fire - Brockenhurst: 26/11 - Disruption expected until 1400

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamello

Just read that Brockenhurst was evacuated today due to a Voyager fire

link to website below - don't trust them for newsworthiness however:

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/17256066.brockenhurst-station-evacuated-after-train-blaze

A HAMPSHIRE railway station has reportedly been evacuated after a fire broke out from part of a train.

Firefighters and police are currently on scene at Brockenhurst Station after the fire broke out from the underside of a carriage.

The train is said to be a Cross Country service from Bournemouth to Manchester.

One witness said passengers were evacuated from the train and station while fire crews extinguished the blaze.

British Transport Police confirmed they also attended the incident, which is said to have begun around 11.15am today.

Meanwhile, South Western Railway say services through area are being severely disrupted.

The service say Network Rail have turned off power to the lines in the area to allow emergency services to carry out their work.

A spokesperson for SWR said services could be disrupted until around 2pm.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theironroad

Established Member

XCTurbostar

Established Member
Looks like one of the Driving Ends thats affected. I'm sure that will do wonders for the rest of the stretched fleet..

pompeyfan

Established Member
The whole Wessex outer is experiencing issues because of the fire and also the earlier points problem at Portcreek. Delays of 100 minutes were being reported but recovery is ongoing.

Elecman

Established Member
Looks like one of the Driving Ends thats affected. I'm sure that will do wonders for the rest of the stretched fleet..

Arent there 2 spare Voyager driving vehicles at Central Rivers? If so and the fire was contained to the driving vehicle onl6 the unit should be back in service pretty quickly

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Arent there 2 spare Voyager driving vehicles at Central Rivers? If so and the fire was contained to the driving vehicle onl6 the unit should be back in service pretty quickly

I thought some sort of swap was done to get those into service by reducing two 5-cars down to 4 to provide two middle cars, i.e. 2 x 5 -> 3 x 4.

sufian123

No more virgin 2 driving cars now with cross country since a year now.

whhistle

On Moderation
I wonder if it's more the cleaning side (IE, gunk getting stuck in places) or mechanical - perhaps they're just coming to their mid-life point like cars in that many things start going wrong/need replacing at the 100K mile mark on many vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.