• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

xc voyager refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

387star

On Moderation
As part of a maintenance cycle they will receive new carpets and upholstery which I am told is designed to fit in with the red and blue hand grabs first class will receive ne w look first

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hooky3

its about time voyagers recieved a refresh like this. is this including new seats
/seat covers?

route:oxford

Established Member
The loos need a thorough refresh too...

Any chance of removing an accessible loo and installing in place a standard compact one with additional luggage space in the passanger area?

DarloRich

Veteran Member
i know how i would like to refresh them! (with a gas axe!)

Some of them do need a bit of a clean up, new carpets, seat covers and toilets would help. AS WOULD THE BLOODY WIFI YOU PROMISED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

willas00

How about they drop toilet waste onto the tracks rather than store it too during refresh? That would be great! lol

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Anyone thing XC will pay for Wi Fi

I wouldn't hold your breath :roll:

Seriously however I wouldn't expect them to actually install Wi Fi until the payments they make to the DfT for non-compliance with their franchise spec become more expensive than fitting the Wi Fi!

Freakofnature

Any chance of Wi-fi being fitted as well during the refresh?
:D

It's been part of their franchise agreement since the beginning.

The fact that EMT have been able to install wifi on their 222's without any issue suggests XC aren't doing it through blatant ignorance.

I suspect Ainsworth74 is right, and that XC won't be installing wifi until said payments exceed the cost to install wifi, or someone makes XC do it.

Personally I wouldn't expect anything less from Arriva, they seem to have their priorities mixed up where ever you look.

However they seem to run things alright elsewhere in Europe =/

route:oxford

Established Member
I don't understand the issue over installation of WIFI, surely all you do is go out to the telecoms market and say...

"How much are you willing to pay us for the benefit of a captive WiFi market?"

Unless, of course, the "paradigm" has changed now that you can buy a cheap dongle or connect your laptop/device to your mobile without bothering about a potentially insecure public connection.

In which case WiFi on public transport is about as useful as a telephone in a hotel bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.