• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC Voyager through Wokingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobShipway

Established Member
Last Saturday morning at 6:26am, there was an XC Voyager travelling through Wokingham with the headcode Newcastle on it, so I presume that it was on route to Reading. I didn't think that XC used the route up from Guildford to Reading anymore?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Eagle

Established Member
Last Saturday morning at 6:26am, there was an XC Voyager travelling through Wokingham with the headcode Newcastle on it, so I presume that it was on route to Reading. I didn't think that XC used the route up from Guildford to Reading anymore?

They do, once a day each way.

Plus sometimes if there's engineering work on the SWML (as there has been quite a bit of late) they might turn up here more frequently.

RobShipway

Established Member
Okay, so why is it then that the train does not appear on the National Rail Enquries website unless as you say it is for engineering works.

Eagle

Established Member
Okay, so why is it then that the train does not appear on the National Rail Enquries website unless as you say it is for engineering works.

Are you sure you're searching for trains from Guildford (and not, say, Wokingham, where it doesn't call)?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
It's presumably quicker on other trains...

That'd be impressive, given that the line has no opportunities for overtaking :P

RobShipway

Established Member
Are you sure you're searching for trains from Guildford (and not, say, Wokingham, where it doesn't call)?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

That'd be impressive, given that the line has no opportunities for overtaking :P

Yes, I am putting the starting point of the journey s Guildford and end point as Newcastle. Any routes that come up are via London travelling up from King Cross to Newcastle. That also showed up even selecting the journey on the XC website.

BrownE

Yes, I am putting the starting point of the journey s Guildford and end point as Newcastle. Any routes that come up are via London travelling up from King Cross to Newcastle. That also showed up even selecting the journey on the XC website.

Select direct services only and it'll display.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2012-05-30 06:34:55.png
    Screenshot from 2012-05-30 06:34:55.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 31

Ivo

Established Member
Alternatively, just do it on the basis of Reading, as I did. As Eagle said, services cannot easily overtake down there, so just look for a train that looks unusually fast in comparison to those around it, based on a time of roughly 0626 through Wokingham (so 0635-ish at Reading).

Sabre999uk

The xx45 London Waterloo - Portsmouth & Southsea waits in platform 2 at Haslemere for around 10 minutes to allow the xx00 London Waterloo-Portsmouth Harbour to pass IIRC.

Steve
Have been lurking for a while, very useful forum to find answers to railway mad nephews questions! :D

Goldfish62

Established Member
The xx45 London Waterloo - Portsmouth & Southsea waits in platform 2 at Haslemere for around 10 minutes to allow the xx00 London Waterloo-Portsmouth Harbour to pass IIRC.

Steve
Have been lurking for a while, very useful forum to find answers to railway mad nephews questions! :D

Different line.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.