• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC Voyager Toilet Branding

Status
Not open for further replies.

1e10

Looks like the Voyagers are getting some new vinyl in the toilets!

Attachments

• A617C13C-3345-48A3-A223-9E7983597CDE.jpeg
    A617C13C-3345-48A3-A223-9E7983597CDE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 665
  • EC9DF8A2-5F10-499D-B384-441A7271E935.jpeg
    EC9DF8A2-5F10-499D-B384-441A7271E935.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 645
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
I just don't understand why they think I needed to know that.
You don't NEED to know it, but if sat having a dump-it looks nicer than a plain plastic wall.

I don't smoke or vape. I never have, and never intend to. Yet I am consistently told both in signage and announcements I cannot do this on stations/trains/trams/buses/airports/planes ect...

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
First saw this a couple of weeks ago advertising Plymouth by means of a photo of the Royal Albert Bridge looking out onto... Saltash, Cornwall. The snazzy fact that went with it was that about three dozen other Plymouths exist the world over, but none are as good as the Devon one. I dread to think how bleak the rest must be if that is the case.

That said mind, it does brighten the place up, much in the same way similar measures have worked for other Tocs.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I quite like this bog-vinylling lark, it makes what is quite a drab and unpleasant room much less so.

I forget which TOC did it, but I quite like the one that vinylled a finest Thomas Crapper onto the back wall.

takno

Established Member
Looks quite nice. Definitely better than the utterly unhinged Virgin toilet announcements

fgwrich

Established Member
Fact or no fact, I'm more impressed that XC is showing some attention to the miss-treated Voyager Fleet at last! Well done XC, something more interesting to look at than a vandalised plastic wall.

jon0844

Veteran Member

Would I be right in thinking there will be a different message in each one? Will that mean spotters having to board trains to take photos of each toilet?!

Mordac

Established Member
I quite like this bog-vinylling lark, it makes what is quite a drab and unpleasant room much less so.

I forget which TOC did it, but I quite like the one that vinylled a finest Thomas Crapper onto the back wall.
I think that was Eurostar.

DarloRich

Veteran Member

you don't need to know that - but it does make leaving a deposit a slightly less dull and unpleasant experience, brightens up an otherwise boring plastic box and gives you something to look at while delivering.

AlexNL

Established Member
Shame about the surplus comma though...
That depends on the copywriter's intentions. The comma joins two separate statements in one sentence.

Another way of writing could have been: "The shortest street in York. It also has the longest name."

I do like these sort of adornments to toilets and other flat surfaces on trains. It makes a train appear less dull and it makes for a less attractive surface for graffiti "artists".

Parallel

Established Member
I wonder if the XC 170s will also receive toilet posters featuring Newport, Coleshill Parkway & Tamworth. :D

In all seriousness, I quite like that.

backontrack

Established Member
That's rather nice I think. I imagine that Edinburgh, Newcastle, Leamington and Exeter would also be well suited to that sort of cityscape - and they are also the cathedrals at Ely and Peterborough.

SaveECRewards

Have any of these been fitted to the XC HSTs?

I quite like the vinyls on the VTEC trains that have the Virgin balloon flying over a landscape. However, I've noticed a few times the balloon comes under attack by someone with a permanent marker or even on a couple of occasions they've used a sharp object to cut the logo out of the vinyl. I've talked to guards and they've seen similar things, apparently it got worse when Branson was in the press for taking legal action against some NHS trusts.

So vandalism to these can still occur, some people will vandalise anything. Virgin made an easy target by 'political' vandals, does XC evoke such strong feelings?

1e10

Have any of these been fitted to the XC HSTs?

I think I've covered all four XC HST sets in service over the past few weeks and haven't seen any vinyls in bathrooms.

Still plenty of Voyagers about without the vinyls too.

Captured this Plymouth vinyl a few weeks ago. My favourite so far!

IMG_9939.JPGIMG_9940.JPG

Last edited:

NickBucks

Shame they cannot do anything about the odours permeating the saloons. Travelled on Voyagers from Oxford to Bournemouth and back today. The smell is obvious as soon as you get on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.