• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC Voyagers , galleys

Status
Not open for further replies.

delt1c

Established Member
Was walking through Manchester Picadilly the other day and as the platform was empty and there was very limited eye candy to look at , I had a look inside a refurbished XC Voyager. I was quite surprised that in thwe leading standard carriage there was a microwave fitted. Does anyone know if XC intend to increase the range of hot food available in cattle class? Otherwise why the microwave?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mumrar

Established Member
Well, you can't fit a microwave on a puch through trolley can you? It's for warming through various items for sale to customers and that's why the bikes had to move to the centre.

lm321412

refurbished XC Voyager

Refurbished XC Voyager???, am I missing something here or do you mean Shop Removed and new stickers inside the train!?

Every XC Voyager I travel on is usually very messy and in need of refurbishment.

MCR247

Established Member
Refurbished XC Voyager???, am I missing something here or do you mean Shop Removed and new stickers inside the train!?

Every XC Voyager I travel on is usually very messy and in need of refurbishment.

Yes that is what he means

YorkshireBear

Established Member
it does surprise me how quickly after entry to service stock needs refurbishment, surely attempts should be made to make new stock more long lasting?

Darandio

Established Member
it does surprise me how quickly after entry to service stock needs refurbishment, surely attempts should be made to make new stock more long lasting?

Well, it is nearly a decade, most of it seriously overcrowded!

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Well, it is nearly a decade, most of it seriously overcrowded!

I guess so they not had a refurb since introduction at all? except shop etc

I've always found them bearable but i travel at furthest sheffield york on them and thats rare as i usually change at doncaster to ride mk3's or mk4's

Travelled Sheffield - wakefield westgate 4 times return in last 6 months so out of 8 trips, i sat down once. That's a bit bad.

NightatLaira

Was walking through Manchester Picadilly the other day and as the platform was empty and there was very limited eye candy to look at , I had a look inside a refurbished XC Voyager. I was quite surprised that in thwe leading standard carriage there was a microwave fitted. Does anyone know if XC intend to increase the range of hot food available in cattle class? Otherwise why the microwave?

There have always been microwaves in the first class galley - didn't think they even had standard glass galleys in XC voyager (except in the shops in Virgin days) but these have all been removed now haven't they?

At_traction

Undoubtedly, but in order to overdo the other carriers' refurbishments, a marketing department can always conjure this or that newest in carriage interior design to be suitable for our needs. Right now. :)

mumrar

Established Member
There have always been microwaves in the first class galley - didn't think they even had standard glass galleys in XC voyager (except in the shops in Virgin days) but these have all been removed now haven't they?

They do have a new galley with microwave, that's why you no longer have bike storage by the quiet zone. It's definately there as I was tasked with taking the press shots before the first on entered service. Here's a shot of the whole thing www.trainpics.net/p55209631.html

Status
Not open for further replies.