• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC Voyagers TLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

1e10

CrossCountry appear to be making a small number of refurbishments to their Voyager fleet at present.

Over the past few months the toilets have seen new Vinyls of various panoramic scenes from the XC network.

Now the toilets appear to be getting new sinks which have ledges to prevent water spilling off the side of the basin, something which has peeved me for a while. I asked XC, and they confirmed it is their intention to roll out to the entire fleet.

VTPwsdIl.jpg

I wonder what other plans they may have in the pipeline, if any!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lincolnshire

I got on one last saturday from Sheffield to Doncaster only to be greeted with the pong from the loo when door opened for the passengers to get off and on the train. warm weather doesn,t help either.

One day it might be cured.

Tracked

Established Member
They really need to do something with the lighting in the carriages as well, having had my Voyager to work temporarily replaced by a HST (Derby project) I'm having to consider wearing sunglasses while travelling to work in the morning :lol: The seats could do with replacing too, feels like I'm in First Class on the HST in comparison ...

Rail Blues

If that were true would they be making these modifications now?

Your guess is as good as mine, but Arriva are notorious skinflints and on pretty much every franchise they've run, they've done the absolute bare minimum when it comes to refurbishment and done it as cheaply as possible.

Iskra

Established Member
Your guess is as good as mine, but Arriva are notorious skinflints and on pretty much every franchise they've run, they've done the absolute bare minimum when it comes to refurbishment and done it as cheaply as possible.

Chiltern Loco Hauled Sets were nice. As were GC HST's. ATW MK3's, 158's and 150's are all nice too.

Rail Blues

Chiltern Loco Hauled Sets were nice. As were GC HST's. ATW MK3's, 158's and 150's are all nice too.

The Chiltern LHCS were done before before Chiltern came under the control of Arriva. As were GC HSTs (Arriva only bought GC in late 2011). I've only ever travelled on ATW's 175 and they were invariably extremely shabby.

Iskra

Established Member
The Chiltern LHCS were done before before Chiltern came under the control of Arriva. As were GC HSTs (Arriva only bought GC in late 2011). I've only ever travelled on ATW's 175 and they were invariably extremely shabby.

Fair enough. Agreed on 175's they are awful now. The 158's and 150's have had a very good quality internal refit on ATW.

cj_1985

If that were true would they be making these modifications now?
was the XC franchise not extended via direct award in the recent past... part of why the HSTs were getting power/slide doors. could be that this is part of the demands made by DfT as part of the direct award

387star

On Moderation
Did all 150s get the full refresh or do any stikl have the Internal valley lines green ?
Some are ex Wessex too and had an untouched interior last time I Checked

D2007wsm

Established Member
Did all 150s get the full refresh or do any stikl have the Internal valley lines green ?
Some are ex Wessex too and had an untouched interior last time I Checked
That shows how stingy Arrive are if they still have 150/2s with the Wessex/Valley Lines interiors. The ex Wessex GWR 150/2s have been refined twice since the Wessex refurb, which did set the standard with 2x2 seating and tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.