• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC Voyagers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave87016

Established Member
Hi all apologies if this has been asked before but do XC Voyagers have a shop or trolley onboard their long distance services ? or have all XC Voyagers had their onboard shop removed?

I am travelling Wolverhampton - Oxford and making the return journey aswell.

Thanks in advance for any replys

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jw

Trolley. As you guessed, all shops have been removed from XC Voyagers to allow more luggage space.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dave87016

Established Member
Thanks JW, as im travelling from Preston - Didcot ( change at Wolverhampton & Oxford) I have 10mins at Wolverhampton hope theres a buffet on same platform so I can get a bacon sarnie and coffee

sdrennan

The shops at Wolverhampton are on the main northbound platform so you may have to cross the bridge

RobShipway

Established Member
When travelling by train where there is 'Suppose' to be a trolley service, I end up taking a bottle of water and a little flask of coffee as the trolley never seems to get to me on either XC or SWT trains by the time I arrive to the place I am going too.

The other Saturday I was in a Guildford - Portsmouth Harbour semi fast service which was suppose to have a trolley. The only time I saw the trolley was at Portsmouth Harbour station being taken out of the coach just before the one I was sitting in....

Status
Not open for further replies.