• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

xcountry super voyager/voyager seating plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andym

Hi,

Forgive me if this has been posted before but i am having difficulty in locating the above seating plans for xcountry. There seems to be plenty for Virgin around though i believe the seat numbering differs from xcountry.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR247

Established Member
Hi,

Forgive me if this has been posted before but i am having difficulty in locating the above seating plans for xcountry. There seems to be plenty for Virgin around though i believe the seat numbering differs from xcountry.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

i dont think XC know themsleves, as the displays sometimes dont line up with the seats :roll:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The unrefurbished units are the same as they were with Virgin.

I've no idea if they exist as I haven't seen any.

Pumbaa

Established Member
The unrefurbished units are the same as they were with Virgin.

I've no idea if they exist as I haven't seen any.

Pretty much all "refurbed" now - only a few Supers still to go.

None around that I can find, basically 2 tables per coach!

With the "refurbed" AXC Voyagers, have AXC actually added the 14/16 additional seats as planned? If so, what coaches are these new seats in and where have they been fitted? Have they done anything else to the units - e.g. given them a deep clean?

Looking at the Virgin Seating plan for their 221s, I'd say that is a much better job of getting more seats it without removing the shop. They've added 10 extra seats through only have 1 disabled seating area in standard (Coach A) and seats in the old disabled seat areas in the other coach. Coaches B and C now both have 68 seats, rather than 62 as before. Coach D has 58 seats but they are all round tables as its the interchangeable standard/1st coach. If AXC did that, they'd probably of got more seats added.

May have a look at one of the MAN-Bournemouth at Piccadilly next time I'm there. Maybe a stupid Q, but are you allowed onto a train to have a look at it, if your not intending to travel, as long as you get off before it leaves? I suppose worst case scenario is to make sure I get one that stops at Stockport, meaning I'd have a valid ticket for that portion (on my CEL-MAN week season). Ever since I shuttled down between Macclesfield and Oxford at least 10 times a year when at Uni, I've had an unhealthy fascination with the Voyagers.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
One problem with the Virgin units though is the lack of luggage space, particularly in the coach that has been converted to all table seats with blue seats (used as extra First class on some runs).

Also don't forget that the trains have only ever had one disabled area in Standard class, the modification in some respects hasn't changed that.

As for a deep clean, in some units the seats seem to have been reupholstered and look brand new, but that doesn't seem to be the case on all units.

Pumbaa

Established Member
With the "refurbed" AXC Voyagers, have AXC actually added the 14/16 additional seats as planned?

It's actually in the 20s now, they squeezed them right in!

If so, what coaches are these new seats in and where have they been fitted?

This was done by removing all but 2 tables per coach, except FC. The seats are the same as old, some new from stockpile. Middle of the coach luggage racks are gone, all at ends of the carriages now, with the jumbo luggage area to compensate where the shop was.

Have they done anything else to the units - e.g. given them a deep clean?

Errr... nope! As Mojo said, some of them have started receiving a thorough clean. But in essence, no. There has been talk that now the extra seats are in place, the deep clean and refresh will commence after the summer holidays.
Maybe a stupid Q, but are you allowed onto a train to have a look at it, if your not intending to travel, as long as you get off before it leaves?

Yep - just do make sure you get off in time. I know someone who did that on a Pendolino at Euston last year... got chinged for a ticket to Stafford!

GospelOak117

just been on 220 029 Reading-Bournemouth. This unit certainly hasnt been refreshed, still had virgin upholstrey and was quite tatty. If they are squeezing more seats in I will have to stand in future as my legs barely fit in that space as it is.

I love the voyagers though, have never heard anyone say anything good about them but for me they are such a relief to the usual mind numbingly dull 444's down this way!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
So a seat reservation means basically nothing on these increased capacity units!?
Not true at all. Only an idiot could misunderstand it, it is quite clear which screens represent which seats, although some seats don't have them.

LilLoaf

I've got a leaflet produced by VXC for the voyager seating plans in front of me now. I can scan for you and e-mail it if that is any help.

The leaflet gives details of luggage areas, priority seats, limited / no view seats, power point seat, wheelchair spaces, shop, toilets, and coach formation.

Pumbaa

Established Member
Not true at all. Only an idiot could misunderstand it, it is quite clear which screens represent which seats, although some seats don't have them.

Got to disagree. In Quiet coach, and the other coaches without the shop/luggage bay area, the seats have been shuffled up slightly in places, and turned around and such like so they are all uniform airline style down the coach. This is confusing, as you get screens for seats w x above seats y and z at places.

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
The Voyager bicycle racks have moved too.
They used to be in the guard's area (behind the driving cab) but are now where the shop used to be.
(And you really DON'T want to take a bike into the vestibule of a busy service expecting to find the racks behind the guard's door only to realise you and bike are in the wrong coach and now you've blocked the vestibule!)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The Voyager bicycle racks have moved too.
They used to be in the guard's area (behind the driving cab) but are now where the shop used to be.
The TM's area is in the same location, by the driving cab in First class. The bike area is simply that, the place for cycles and large baggage.
(And you really DON'T want to take a bike into the vestibule of a busy service expecting to find the racks behind the guard's door only to realise you and bike are in the wrong coach and now you've blocked the vestibule!)
Rereshed sets have a blue vertical line on the coupler so look out for this to determine where to put your bike. If, as the train approaches you, it has a yellow horizontal line and a blue vertical line then your bike goes in the second but last coach, if it's just the blue line then it goes in the second coach from the front.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I've got a leaflet produced by VXC for the voyager seating plans in front of me now. I can scan for you and e-mail it if that is any help.

The leaflet gives details of luggage areas, priority seats, limited / no view seats, power point seat, wheelchair spaces, shop, toilets, and coach formation.
This is on the Virgin Trains website, and wouldn't be any use to the OP, who wants information on CrossCountry's Voyager fleet.

devon_metro

Established Member
Only by a window, the A/C on Mark 3s is rubbish. Unless XC have modified it?

I've never has a problem with hauled/HST aircon? Perhaps you are referring to the less good 442 aircon.

However - mk3 aircon is 500000 times better than ****e scented Voyager aircon.

Status
Not open for further replies.