• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Xplore Dundee

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
A new website (designed by Passenger) was launched today.

There are to be further service changes from 12 April 2021.

We're making some service adjustments from Monday 12 April 2021, in-line with schools returning and lockdown restrictions easing after the Easter Holidays. Updated maps and timetables will be uploaded to the app and website in due course. In the meantime, here's a summary of what's happening:

Whole Network
Full frequencies will be restored to increase capacity and support safe physical distancing across the network. This means there will be more buses out on the road, and we're still going to deploy as many double-deck buses as we can.

Daytime frequency guide from Monday 12 April
Service Weekday Saturday Sunday
1 10 mins 15 mins 20 mins
5/5a 10 mins 15 mins 15 mins
9/10 30 mins 30 mins hourly
17 10 mins 15 mins 20 mins
18 10 mins 15 mins 20 mins
22 8 mins 10 mins 20 mins
28 8 mins 10 mins 20 mins
32/33 15 mins 15 mins 20 mins

Service 2 re-routed
Service 2 will be re-routed via Hill Street (outbound) and Kinghorne Road (inbound) to improve access to/from sheltered accommodation in the Lawside area. Click here to view an updated route map.

Broughty Ferry services renumbered
We're making a very slight change to the route numbers running along the 'bottom road' between Ninewells Hospital and Barnhill. This way, to make things simpler, passengers travelling on this corridor will always be looking out for the core number '5'.

Here's what's happening:
  • Service 5 will run its usual route (no change).
  • Service 5a will differ slightly in some areas. In the west end, it will run via Tom MacDonald Avenue (as the 9/10 do now). And in the east end, it will run via Arbroath Road and Craigie Avenue (providing new connections to/from Stobswell).
  • Click here to view an updated 5/5a route map.
  • When the 5a reaches Ninewells Hospital, it will continue as a 9. And when it reaches Broughty Ferry, it will continue as a 10. Passengers may stay on the bus to complete their journey as normal.
  • Services 9/10 will run their normal routes around the north of the city, between Ninewells Hospital and Broughty Ferry (no change).
  • Click here to view an updated 9/10 route map.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A new website (designed by Passenger) was launched today.

There are to be further service changes from 12 April 2021.

Interesting... the 5A routing via Arbroath Road means that it will run the same route as Stagecoach's 73 Tayway Service. The latter no longer have the advantage of conductors to speed the bus along....

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
There will also be additional mTickets from April 12th, which seem very similar to the offerings recently introduced by Stagecoach.

We're adding some new, flexible mTickets to our app from Monday 12 April 2021 - just in time for people who are venturing back out and about as lockdown restrictions are gradually eased this spring. We recognise that people's travel patterns are changing, so we're making sure our tickets are designed with you in mind.

Here's what will soon be on offer:

Adult 4-WeekSaver Subscription
Unlimited travel around our network with a recurring payment of £48 every 28 days (that's £2 off the price of a regular 4-WeekSaver). This means regular passengers can set up their tickets to automatically carry on every month without the hassle of doing it yourself. Plus, you can cancel at any time - which means you aren't locked into this type of ticket, and you can choose a different one if your travel needs change.

Adult 5-DaySaver Bundle
Buy now, travel later with a flexible bundle of five DaySavers for just £15 (that's a saving of more than 15%). You can use them whenever you like within a twelve month period, which means you're not tied to a traditional WeeklySaver running over seven consecutive days if you're not travelling as often as you used to.

Adult 5-TripSaver Bundle
Buy now, travel later with a flexible bundle of five single trips for £9 (that's just £1.80 per journey, travelling any distance on one bus). This ticket is similar to the existing 10-TripSaver, but gives you more freedom to choose when you travel. You can use them whenever you like within a twelve month period.

kez19

Established Member
There will also be additional mTickets from April 12th, which seem very similar to the offerings recently introduced by Stagecoach.

The 5 daytickets bundle seems a good idea for £15 (that do me)!

Regarding the part 5A route it reminds me of the old outer circle route before (9-12) can’t remember which numbers used part of the Arbroath Road but is there any need to add additional services on another junction? I understand competition but this is similar to the Perth Road section towards Ninewells too.

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
Regarding the part 5A route it reminds me of the old outer circle route before (9-12) can’t remember which numbers used part of the Arbroath Road but is there any need to add additional services on another junction? I understand competition but this is similar to the Perth Road section towards Ninewells too.
Yeah, the Outer Circle originally went Craigie Avenue, Arbroath Road, Victoria Street, Victoria Road, Meadowside, Commercial Street. It was then combined with the 5 and so went along the bottom road

tbtc

Veteran Member
So upping competition with Stagecoach (the 17 going up to every ten minutes on the Blackness Avenue - Perth Road - City section that the Stagecoach 73 runs on - prior to the recent changes (at the end of National Express's tenure), the 17 was only two or three buses per hour as far as I can remember (with the 15 providing additional buses on the City - Whitfield side of the 17 - whereas now it's going to be full frequency on both sides of the 17 route - so competition with Stagecoach's flagship service on both sides of the city (17 upped in frequency at the west end, the journeys on the Outer Circle diverted via Arbroath Road at the east end)

I wondered how McGills would handle things, whether to focus on the fairly stable network of routes or to risk competition on the handful of corridors that they shared with Stagecoach... looks like the latter!

kez19

Established Member
Yeah, the Outer Circle originally went Craigie Avenue, Arbroath Road, Victoria Street, Victoria Road, Meadowside, Commercial Street. It was then combined with the 5 and so went along the bottom road

That’s how I remember the route, bring it back lol!

So upping competition with Stagecoach (the 17 going up to every ten minutes on the Blackness Avenue - Perth Road - City section that the Stagecoach 73 runs on - prior to the recent changes (at the end of National Express's tenure), the 17 was only two or three buses per hour as far as I can remember (with the 15 providing additional buses on the City - Whitfield side of the 17 - whereas now it's going to be full frequency on both sides of the 17 route - so competition with Stagecoach's flagship service on both sides of the city (17 upped in frequency at the west end, the journeys on the Outer Circle diverted via Arbroath Road at the east end)

I wondered how McGills would handle things, whether to focus on the fairly stable network of routes or to risk competition on the handful of corridors that they shared with Stagecoach... looks like the latter!

Prior to the 17 it initially ran via Lochee Road, Tullideph Road to Ninewells.

I’m surprised in general at the many services covering Perth Road, I understand that fair enough Xplore only goes as far as Ninewells where as Stagecoach it’s as far as Perth and possibly some services to Fife towards city centre (I could be wrong in terms of Fife via Perth Road).

Stan Drews

Established Member

The revised network introduced in January was devised under the NX tenure, so prior to McGill’s becoming involved.

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
The change article ominously disappeared from the Xplore Dundee website today. However, it has been reinstated, along with a slight amendment, that until June 2021, service 5a will operate along Broughty Ferry Road alongside service 5 instead of via Craigie Avenue/Arbroath Road.
Service 5a will differ slightly in some areas. In the west end, it will run via Tom MacDonald Avenue (as the 9/10 do now). And in the east end, adding the route to Arbroath Road and Craigie Avenue (providing new connections to/from Stobswell) will be deferred until June 2021. In the meantime, the 5a will run via Broughty Ferry Road along with the 5.

Edit: and, once again, the changes article has been removed from their website.

Last edited:

tbtc

Veteran Member
The revised network introduced in January was devised under the NX tenure, so prior to McGill’s becoming involved.

Sorry, I maybe didn't explain myself very well.

What I meant was that (as far as I am aware, for a few years now) the 15/17 corridor was five or six buses an hour from Whitfield into the city centre, half of which continued to Ninewells.

The January changes made that a flat four buses per hour on each side of town (all 17s) - these new changes make it every ten minutes on each side of town.

So whilst there's not been much change for Whitfield passengers, that's quite an increase on the City - Perth Road - Blackness Avenue section that the 17 shares with Stagecoach's 73 - from two or three buses per hour to a brief period of four buses per hour to the newly announced six buses per hour.

This is at the same time that some of the Broughty Ferry services were diverted via Arbroath Road, which coincidently is the route that the 73 takes on that side of town.

I could be wrong about the frequencies, my memory was that only around half the Whitfield buses did the City - Ninewells side, so this will be a significant increase up Blackness Avenue compared to the pre-Covid service (?)

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
I could be wrong about the frequencies, my memory was that only around half the Whitfield buses did the City - Ninewells side, so this will be a significant increase up Blackness Avenue compared to the pre-Covid service (?)
Yeah, pre-Covid it was every 10 minutes Whitfield - City Centre (15/17 combined), and then every 30 minutes City Centre - Ninewells (17). It's been like that for as long as I remember!

There was also the 15a/15c which did Whitfield - City Centre every 10 minutes, and the 17 City Centre - Ninewells & Technology Park every 30 minutes in 2019, but that was reverted not long after it was introduced.

Kiewii

Yeah, pre-Covid it was every 10 minutes Whitfield - City Centre (15/17 combined), and then every 30 minutes City Centre - Ninewells (17). It's been like that for as long as I remember!

There was also the 15a/15c which did Whitfield - City Centre every 10 minutes, and the 17 City Centre - Ninewells & Technology Park every 30 minutes in 2019, but that was reverted not long after it was introduced.
The 15/17 was reduced to every 12 minutes back in February 2013 but no idea when it went back to every 10

kez19

Established Member
The change article ominously disappeared from the Xplore Dundee website today. However, it has been reinstated, along with a slight amendment, that until June 2021, service 5a will operate along Broughty Ferry Road alongside service 5 instead of via Craigie Avenue/Arbroath Road.

Edit: and, once again, the changes article has been removed from their website.

Thats a bit strange that one, why say introduce it then make an amendment (push back the date as stated), then remove it again? Have they forgotten to go through right channels before introducing it? (traffic commissioner? I'm unsure who they approach here in terms of routes)

What I meant was that (as far as I am aware, for a few years now) the 15/17 corridor was five or six buses an hour from Whitfield into the city centre, half of which continued to Ninewells.

The January changes made that a flat four buses per hour on each side of town (all 17s) - these new changes make it every ten minutes on each side of town.

So whilst there's not been much change for Whitfield passengers, that's quite an increase on the City - Perth Road - Blackness Avenue section that the 17 shares with Stagecoach's 73 - from two or three buses per hour to a brief period of four buses per hour to the newly announced six buses per hour.

This is at the same time that some of the Broughty Ferry services were diverted via Arbroath Road, which coincidently is the route that the 73 takes on that side of town.

I remember at one point the 17s from Whitfield was running like on the hour and half past the hour, then they got introduced to 20 mins ie 00,20,40, Whitfield in general I think had more buses to City Centre than Ninewells but then at the 17 end they introduced the 17 to Tesco South Road (1hr 30min I kid you not!) and it has been ever reverting back between Tech Park or Ninewells (mostly now its Ninewells).

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
Thats a bit strange that one, why say introduce it then make an amendment (push back the date as stated), then remove it again? Have they forgotten to go through right channels before introducing it? (traffic commissioner? I'm unsure who they approach here in terms of routes)
I'm honestly not sure. When they posted the changes on Facebook they weren't popular with customers (although the comments were swiftly removed).

I don't think the standard 56-day local authority, and 42-day traffic commissioner notice periods apply at the moment, but someone may be able to correct me on that!

kez19

Established Member
I'm honestly not sure. When they posted the changes on Facebook they weren't popular with customers (although the comments were swiftly removed).

I don't think the standard 56-day local authority, and 42-day traffic commissioner notice periods apply at the moment, but someone may be able to correct me on that!

At a guess I wonder if thats prompted the changes(?), does seem odd to advertise it then retract it, update then its gone(?), that alone seems a first that if Xplore are listening to feedback as any time changes happen in my opinion it seems steamrolled in.

Thats what I thinking either local authority/traffic commissioner (or both).

changes on twitter - didn't go down well either? ..

Stan Drews

Established Member

I think I knew what you meant, although you were suggesting a McGill’s influence on the Jan changes, which NX had presided over. The initial frequencies were simply reduced in Jan due to the lockdown, and in line with most other operators, are now returning to what would be considered the normal 100% service level next month.
The west end area along Perth Road has always been fairly good bus territory due to the University etc, so not surprising that it can support a number of frequent services linking to various parts of the city.

Jordan Adam

Established Member

Keep in mind that the 17 on the Ninewells end has replaced the old 29. So the frequency increase can in part be attributed to that. However it does seem they have clear intentions to take on the 73.

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
The company has announced tonight that the direct link between Dundee and Edinburgh Airport will be restarting, albeit on a reduced timetable, from Monday 21 June. https://twitter.com/XploreDundee/status/1400882544422227970
The time has finally come: the X90 to Edinburgh Airport is relaunching on 21 June (with bookings taken from 14 June)!

We'll be running a more limited service initially, but it's still the only direct link from Dundee to the terminal entrance. We can't wait to have you back!

Additionally there are to be some service amendments to services 5, 17 and 18 from Monday 7 June - timetables for which can be found on Xplore's website and app.

kez19

Established Member
The company has announced tonight that the direct link between Dundee and Edinburgh Airport will be restarting, albeit on a reduced timetable, from Monday 21 June. https://twitter.com/XploreDundee/status/1400882544422227970

Additionally there are to be some service amendments to services 5, 17 and 18 from Monday 7 June - timetables for which can be found on Xplore's website and app.

Is it possible you could post a link? I tried looking on the site and even app but I don’t know what I’m looking for?

Is it timings that are changing?

I’m only aware of the 5a going Arbroath Road but thought that was 21 June or something?

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
Is it possible you could post a link? I tried looking on the site and even app but I don’t know what I’m looking for?

Is it timings that are changing?

I’m only aware of the 5a going Arbroath Road but thought that was 21 June or something?
You can find the updated timetables here - just select the service you want to check the timetable for, and ensure the correct date is selected when you click onto it

Yes - for the most part

5a is continuing to operate via Broughty Ferry Road for the time being

overthewater

Established Member
More Service changes are on the way, it would seem most of the cuts first suggested as part of the new normal have been dropped, which is a good sign.

Summer Service Review 2021​

3 days ago Thu 22nd Jul 2021

We're making some timetable adjustments from Monday 16 August 2021. We've done lots of research to design new schedules which are more suited to the new reality out on the roads -- as traffic patterns have changed since the pandemic began, and only started to settle into a 'new normal' over the spring (once the second lockdown was lifted).
Our plan is to make sure buses run reliably once the schools go back and traffic builds up again. Here's a summary of what's happening:

Across the Network​

• New timetables (with some minor changes) to improve punctuality. These will be published in early August.
  • Our busiest routes will still run with full frequencies on weekdays.
  • We're adding more night-time journeys so that every area has a bus from town after 11pm. This is a trial, which means that keeping them in the long-run is subject to demand.
  • There will be new Holiday Service timetables which will run during the festive period and on public holidays throughout the year. Buses will run every 20 mins during the day, with some early morning mornings kept on for workers.

Service 1​

• A new timetable (with some minor changes to improve punctuality). During the day, buses will still run:
    • Up to every 10 mins on weekdays
    • Up to every 15 mins on Saturdays
    • Up to every 20 mins on Sundays and public holidays
  • Pre-0700 journeys will go into The Stack, giving consistency with the rest of the day.
  • Pending confirmation on physical distancing requirements, the journeys which are currently truncated to start from St Johns High School will go back to running as normal full-route journeys.
  • The last bus into town (2335 from St Marys) will take a shorter route back to the City Centre via: Macalpine Road, Clepington Road and Dens Road.

Service 2​

• A new timetable (to improve punctuality). During the day, buses will run every 40 mins.

Service 4​

• This service will be cancelled and replaced by tendered service 204, which will be run by another operator under contract to Dundee City Council.

Services 5/5a | 905​

• Will swap to High Street stance H4 (currently used by service 22). This is to help service 905 turn around more quickly and easily in the City Centre during the day (without losing time at the Nethergate and West Port).
  • A new timetable (with some minor changes to improve punctuality). During the day, buses will still run:
    • Up to every 15 mins on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays
  • Destination screens on service 5a now say "Outer Circle" on the front, making it clearer that these journeys carry on as service 9 (beyond Ninewells Hospital) or service 10 (beyond Broughty Ferry).
  • The last bus into town (2340 from Barnhill) will take a shorter route back to the City Centre via: Dundee Road and Dock Street.

Services 9/10​

• Up to every 30 mins on weekdays
    • Up to every 30 mins on Saturdays and public holidays
    • Hourly on Sundays
  • Some journeys have been retimed by request to coincide with shift patterns at Kingsway Care Centre and Ninewells Hospital.

Service 17​

• A new timetable (with some significant changes to improve punctuality). During the day, buses will still run:

Service 18​

• The route will be streamlined to come into the City Centre via Commercial Street at all times. Most journeys (when carrying on as an 18 back to Claverhouse) will terminate at Nethergate as normal; some evening journeys (when interworking with services 32/33) will terminate at Crichton Street.
  • The last bus into town (2337 from Claverhouse) will take a shorter route back to the City Centre via: Forfar Road and Albert Street.

Service 22​

• Will swap to High Street stance H2 (currently used by services 5/5a). This is to help service 905 turn around more quickly and easily in the City Centre during the day (without losing time at the Nethergate and West Port).
    • Up to every 8 mins on weekdays
    • Up to every 10 mins on Saturdays

Service 28​

• Up to every 9 mins on weekdays
    • Up to every 10 mins on Saturdays
  • The last bus into town (2327 from Myrekirk) will take a shorter route back to the City Centre via: South Road and Lochee Road.

Service 32​

• Up to every 30 mins on Saturdays
    • Up to every 40 mins on Sundays and public holidays
  • On weekday and Saturday afternoons, frequency will expand to every 35 mins as a knock-on effect from adding more time to improve punctuality on service 33 (see below).

Service 33​

• Up to every 30 mins on Saturdays
    • Up to every 40 mins on Sundays and public holidays
  • On weekday and Saturday afternoons, frequency will expand to every 35 mins as a knock-on effect from adding more time to improve punctuality because of severe traffic congestion on the A90 Forfar Road.
  • A journey on weekday mornings will be retimed by request to arrive at Ballumbie Primary School at 0845.
  • Journeys to Jack Martin Way will be adjusted in-line with demand. Buses will continue to serve Jack Martin Way before 0900 and between 1504/1815.

Service 36c​

• A new timetable (with some minor changes to improve punctuality).

Harris Academy School Buses​

• New timetables (with some minor changes to improve punctuality).
  • Service 29s re-routed directly via Glamis Road (instead of Ninewells Avenue and Perth Road).

St Pauls Academy School Buses​

Madras College School Buses​

• Re-routed to terminate at the new campus on Bell Brae when it opens in August 2021.
  • Services 198/199 renumbered as service 99x.

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
More Service changes are on the way, it would seem most of the cuts first suggested as part of the new normal have been dropped, which is a good sign.

The decision to swap the city centre stances for services 5/10 and 22 will cause endless amounts of confusion; they have been the way they are now for as long as I can remember. Similarly the decision to run last buses back to the city centre via a quicker route is not passenger friendly.

Of course these service changes will only be "good" if they actually have drivers to cover all the duties. At least 12 driver shifts went uncovered today with absolutely no communication from the company.

Last edited by a moderator:

kez19

Established Member

I noticed that it’s only some routes (last bus) are getting a shortcut into town? I could suggest 17 run up Douglas Road/Arbroath Road into town if that came about!

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
There are "temporary" reductions to services from October 4th due to the ongoing high levels of staff absence and shortage.

We're making some temporary timetable changes from Monday 4 October to reduce the impact of a shortage of drivers.

The issue, which is currently being experienced by bus operators across Scotland and the rest of the UK, is putting additional pressure on the business and, at times, is impacting on service. Our team are working hard to try and minimise any disruption for passengers.

Our MD, Christine McGlasson, says: “There are various reasons for this industry-wide issue, including the ongoing challenges of Covid and self isolation, issues with DVLA and recruitment, and a natural turnover of the workforce, compounded by stiff competition for driving jobs across various sectors, not least the haulage sector which is facing its own shortages.

“We are very reluctantly changing the frequency of some of our services in order to try and improve reliability across the network. We believe that it is vital, above all, to ensure that our customers can rely on our service to get them to where they need to go as scheduled. I want to emphasise that this is a short-term measure and we hope to restore full frequencies as soon as the situation stabilises.”

Up-to-date timetables will be made available online, in the app and at our Travel Centre. In particular, we'd suggest using the app for planning ahead -- use it to plan your journey, track buses on the map, and buy tickets in advance.

Last edited:

tbtc

Veteran Member
What's the furthest ahead that timetable changes have been announced? (maybe subject for a thread)

New Dundee timetables from 2022: https://www.xploredundee.com/2022Ch...0jIPlVIlB3R3fbQNo3l1JxiwFrpBriSpnhcNZWNhXsscM (and map https://images.xploredundee.com/downloads/Network Map from Jan 2022.pdf)

The more significant changes appear to be:

• "Outer Circle" (i.e. Ninewells - Fintry - 'Ferry) will now be the 10 in each direction rather than the 9 in one direction and the 10 in the other direction - the city centre section was absorbed by the a while ago
  • The 6a/6c (rump of services in the Lochee/ Ninewells area to replace bits of the "old" 17/28/29 etc) is "simplified" into a single hourly service from Ninewells into the city centre via Pentland Avenue and Blackness Road (paralleling parts of the 17 and 22)
  • 33 diverted via Pitkerro Road (similar to the 32, meaning no Xplore services on the bits of Forfar Road near the Kingsway), leaving that to the Stagecoach services to Forfar etc
Good to see them giving passengers plenty of time to plan ahead, seem like a reasonable enough set of changes

We're making some service changes to select routes from January 2022 to improve punctuality and connectivity across the network. Check our your service in our new network map, or read the summary below.

Service 1 will have some slight timetable adjustments (between 8am and 6pm) to improve punctuality. No route changes.

Service 2 will have some slight timetable adjustments to improve punctuality. No route changes.

Services 5/5a will have some slight timetable adjustments (between 8am and 6pm) and operational changes to improve punctuality. No route changes.

Ninewells circular services 6a/6c will be withdrawn and replaced by a new, simplified service 6. It will run hourly (Monday to Saturday) between the City Centre and Ninewells Hospital via Blackness Road, Pentland, Lochee Park, Elmwood and Gowrie Park. This route will also continue serve Tesco on South Road, creating new shopping links from Blackness and Pentland. Check out the route map.

Services 9/10 will be simplified to run as service 10 in both directions (making it like all of our other routes, which use the same number each way). At Broughty Ferry, service 10 will still connect with service 5a (and vice versa), which means passengers can stay on the bus to complete their journey as normal. In Charleston, buses towards Ninewells will run as normal to Charleston Road, then via Craigowan Road, Craigard Road and South Road. This is to create a one-way circuit so that buses no longer meet each other on Craigowan Road. Buses towards Lochee will continue to run their normal route. Due to low usage, service 10 will no longer stop at Jack Martin Way. Instead, pedestrian access will still be available from Fintry Drive or Mill o' Mains, and service 33 will still stop at Jack Martin Way as normal. Check out the new route map. There will also be some slight timetable adjustments (between 8am and 6pm) to improve punctuality.

Service 17 will have some slight timetable adjustments (between 8am and 6pm) to improve punctuality. Early morning positioning journeys from the City Centre will no longer take a short-cut route to The Crescent; for simplicity, all buses will follow the normal route via Longhaugh Road and Berwick Drive. No other route changes.

Service 18 will have some slight timetable adjustments (between 8am and 6pm) and operational changes to improve punctuality. No route changes.

Service 22 will have some slight timetable adjustments (between 8am and 6pm) to improve punctuality. No route changes.

Service 23 will be re-routed via Clepington Road and Forfar Road (instead of Arklay Street and Arthurstone Terrace) to provide a daytime service via Maryfield in place of service 33 (see below). Check out the new route map.

Service 28 will have some slight timetable adjustments (between 8am and 6pm) to improve punctuality. In Charleston, buses towards Myrekirk will run as normal to Charleston Road, then via Craigowan Road, Craigard Road and South Road. This is to create a one-way circuit so that buses no longer meet each other on Craigowan Road. Buses towards Lochee will continue to run their normal route. And early morning positioning journeys from the City Centre will no longer take a short-cut route to Myrekirk ASDA; for simplicity, all buses will follow the normal route via Liff Road and Charleston. Check out the new route map.

Service 32 will have some slight timetable adjustments (between 8am and 6pm) and operational changes to improve punctuality. No route changes.

Service 33 will be re-routed via Pitkerro Road and Fountainbleau Drive (instead of Forfar Road) due to persistent congestion and delays on the A90 trunk road. Buses will continue to serve Mill o' Mains as normal, and service 23 will cover Maryfield (between Clepington Road and Morgan Academy) during the day on weekdays. The route will also be curtailed in the City Centre to start/finish at Commercial Street (instead of Crichton Street) to improve timekeeping on the rest of the route. Service 32 will continue to serve both Crichton Street and Commercial Street as normal. Check out the new route map.

kez19

Established Member
What's the furthest ahead that timetable changes have been announced? (maybe subject for a thread)

New Dundee timetables from 2022: https://www.xploredundee.com/2022Ch...0jIPlVIlB3R3fbQNo3l1JxiwFrpBriSpnhcNZWNhXsscM (and map https://images.xploredundee.com/downloads/Network Map from Jan 2022.pdf)

The more significant changes appear to be:

• "Outer Circle" (i.e. Ninewells - Fintry - 'Ferry) will now be the 10 in each direction rather than the 9 in one direction and the 10 in the other direction - the city centre section was absorbed by the a while ago
  • The 6a/6c (rump of services in the Lochee/ Ninewells area to replace bits of the "old" 17/28/29 etc) is "simplified" into a single hourly service from Ninewells into the city centre via Pentland Avenue and Blackness Road (paralleling parts of the 17 and 22)
  • 33 diverted via Pitkerro Road (similar to the 32, meaning no Xplore services on the bits of Forfar Road near the Kingsway), leaving that to the Stagecoach services to Forfar etc
Good to see them giving passengers plenty of time to plan ahead, seem like a reasonable enough set of changes

I am surprised that the 9/10 is becoming the 10 in both directions but still wondering why the need to keep the 5a by number! The 5a should be scrapped unless there is a reason behind it?

The 33 I wonder why they haven’t put that on Glenconnor Drive similar to the 32 but decided to use Fountainbleau Drive but yet it rejoins Forfar Road at the Caird Park junction to then head back in via Fintry Drive.

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
The first of twelve BYD Enviro400 Citys have arrived in Dundee, LB71 ECE and LB71 ECF, for service 28 between Myrekirk and Douglas. They will be launched on December 9th at 1730, at Discovery Quay.

⚡ Mark your calendars: we'll be hosting an event to launch our new Electric Emeralds down at Discovery Quay on Thursday 9 December.

Members of the public are welcome to come and take a first look at these clean, green machines from 5.30pm – we'd love to see you there!

They look rather smart in my opinion!

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches

kez19

Established Member

Scotrail88

Given the current reduced frequencies, where do we expect the spare EVs to be used?

presume they will also be used elsewhere on a Sunday.