• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Y-P Railcard for £12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

me123

Established Member
That's not fair for those of us who have to renew in June :(

1D53

Established Member
Mine expired yesterday handily.

Is there anyway to do it with the photocard I already have? (IE: Just get the new bottom bit?)

Mintona

Established Member
Damn that's annoying, mine's expired, but I'm travelling on Wednesday, so this wouldn't come in time, I'll need to buy a new one at Hereford before I leave :(

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Haha, mine expires on 16th March! Perfect timing :D

Mine expired yesterday handily.

Is there anyway to do it with the photocard I already have? (IE: Just get the new bottom bit?)

I don't think so, as online applicants are provided with a 'credit card' style YP on plastic as opposed to one issued on ticket stock. All details (including photo, expiry date etc) are intergrated into this card.

Tom B

Established Member
Anyone who wants a free one can of course open a NatWest account :P.

Edit: well think about it, if you have less than 6 months left on your current one, it's worth your hwile to use this offer.

djw1981

Established Member

Buy it now and you still save £6............

Or open a Natwest student bank account at the right time of year and get a 5year one.....free

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Bearing in mind you are supposed to be a student and will require confirmation of a university course attendance/acceptance to get one that way...

Otherwise I'd have done just that by now, having lost my original HSBC one 3 years ago. Would have been due to expire in a few months from now, would have saved myself a fortune if I hadn't lost it along with very important tickets and my Thames Trains ticket wallet...:-x:sad:

Nevertheless, thank you for the heads-up Mojo, as my Y-P expired on 26th January and I need to get a new one. Will see to getting one online before the 16th then!

mrcheek

Established Member

even less fair for those of us middle aged people who cant get a YP card, and still have to wait years for an OAP card!

djw1981

Established Member
Bearing in mind you are supposed to be a student and will require confirmation of a university course attendance/acceptance to get one that way...

Otherwise I'd have done just that by now, having lost my original HSBC one 3 years ago. Would have been due to expire in a few months from now, would have saved myself a fortune if I hadn't lost it along with very important tickets and my Thames Trains ticket wallet...:-x:sad:

Nevertheless, thank you for the heads-up Mojo, as my Y-P expired on 26th January and I need to get a new one. Will see to getting one online before the 16th then!

Natwest ones, if you lose the, you write to them, pay £10 admin and you get a new one valid for the 5 years.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
even less fair for those of us middle aged people who cant get a YP card, and still have to wait years for an OAP card!

Move to the highlands and get 50% off, or south east and get a network railcard? or [sarcasm mode] Chop a leg off and get a disabled railcard [/sarcasm]. Besides :lol: someone has to pay full price to subsidise the pensioners, families, students and rail staff traveling cheaply!

1D53

Established Member
PRIV tickets were invented for those too old forYP and too young for Senior ;) Perfect age range for a railway job ;)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I haven't heard that anywhere!

mrcheek

Established Member
PRIV tickets were invented for those too old forYP and too young for Senior ;) Perfect age range for a railway job ;)

I was considering that a couple weeks back when the place I work was sold to new owners, and we were all worried about our future.
However, since my new boss/owner took me to Old Trafford to see tonights Champions League game (and refused to even accept any money for petrol), Im guessing that Im pretty well in.

djw1981

Established Member
If he is torturing you like that, I'd complain - being forced to watch that.........

adambro

Sorry, to clarify, I understood that the offer of PRIV tickets to new starters wasn't as good as it used to be.

Tom B

Established Member
Banks are all the same, they just screw you in different ways. Bunch of bankers.

Status
Not open for further replies.