• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Y2018/122 Driver Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worldwide

Still not heard anything either I’m assuming now they’ve already started the interview process. They should at least update the portal as my application still classes as live so there for not able to apply for another vacancy should I need too.

Have you called HR for an update.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jon H

Still not heard anything either I’m assuming now they’ve already started the interview process. They should at least update the portal as my application still classes as live so there for not able to apply for another vacancy should I need too.

Yes I agree mate I’ve applied 3 stations now and never had any feedback. Even a NO would do so you can move on!!

Yes I agree mate I’ve applied 3 stations now and never had any feedback. Even a NO would do so you can move on!!

What do HR say on the matter? Surly it can’t be good for business at least they could do is give a reason or an update for the delay.

mr double 77

Keep the faith, I’ve received a email today, but that was for the 2018/123 position at Blackpool inviting me too interview on the 1st June so I’m sure all you trainees awaiting a reply will get one either way, I remember being in the boat of waiting and it seems never ending but you will all get there good luck .

Cyclist

Do Northern do interviews before any type of test? Usually it seems to be the other way round

mr double 77

Do Northern do interviews before any type of test? Usually it seems to be the other way round
they used to not sure if it’s changed, I think they see it as interview then send the best for assessments, rather than waste money paying for assessment days for people to fail.

Cyclist

they used to not sure if it’s changed, I think they see it as interview then send the best for assessments, rather than waste money paying for assessment days for people to fail.
Decent enough logic. Sounds like there’s an argument for either way round

mr double 77

Decent enough logic. Sounds like there’s an argument for either way round
Very true mate are you in the running for the trainee position, I’m catch 22 at the minute it’s like there’s never a bus, then loads come at once lol I applied for freightliner interview with them tomorrow, and now this on the 1st June to contemplate

Cyclist

Very true mate are you in the running for the trainee position, I’m catch 22 at the minute it’s like there’s never a bus, then loads come at once lol I applied for freightliner interview with them tomorrow, and now this on the 1st June to contemplate
I applied for a different driver job but was just curious about the process

Jon H

I haven’t heard any feedback regarding the 122 position has anyone else. Was meant to be for a maybe start date so I guess that ship has sailed

xtradj

I’d be shocked if they have recruited in time for may in all fairness

xtradj

That’s right but there were two adverts under different references with one due to start in May which was quite clearly untenable

Arrpi87

I applied for the Y2018/118 (the September start it says), I stumbled across this forum while trying to find info online about Northern's recruitment process.

I was starting to get very worried that I applied nearly 6 weeks ago and hadn't heard anything, seeing as they say they will try to get back to applicants within 4 weeks. But now I know other applicants are still waiting, I feel more relieved!

Arrpi87

I'm guessing there's still been no word on this position? I've not heard a thing, but I fully understand that Northern has a lot on at the mo. A position starting in September isn't going to be top of the list.

Also... does anyone know how strict they are with the distance from depot? The ad said must live within 45min, but just my luck... a route planner says I live 46min away! I've done a practice run and did it in 40min (sensible driving of course, no speeding).

xtradj

Regarding position ending 122

I had an email today to say it was in the sift still and there are no timeframes as to when they will complete this

Monkey Bob

Did you contact Northern before getting these emails? I applied for the Leeds based position and not heard anything yet.

Arrpi87

I emailed Northern a few days previous and received a reply saying they hadn't got round to looking at the Blackpool position yet, then a few days later received the email saying they are now sifting through the applications.

It's been weeks upon weeks since I applied though, so I think they've just got a lot in the HR pipeline to get through.

xtradj

Did anyone ever hear back about this role? 122 and also 118? Both Blackpool

It was the end of April I applied. Not very hopeful

Arrpi87

I'm still waiting, I applied on 27th April. It's getting to the point soon where my current notice period isn't going to be sufficient if I was offered the position to start in September.

I know Northern has a lot on it's plate, I finally received the email saying they've started the sift. But now even that was over three weeks ago!

xtradj

I may call HR tomorrow to find out. It’s now at the point where there are other locations with Northern I’d rather apply to and therefore I’m considering withdrawing from this one.

RollingOn

I see there is now a vacancy for qualified drivers for Blackpool North. Where do you think this leaves us? Is it good news because it shows they are short?

I see there is now a vacancy for qualified drivers for Blackpool North. Where do you think this leaves us? Is it good news because it shows they are short?

I'm not sure you can tell anything from this other than the Northern recruitment process is perplexing at the very least!

xtradj

I noticed the qualified vacancy too. Also other qualified vacancies for other locations previously advertised as for trainees. Not sure what to make of it

Status
Not open for further replies.