• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Yellow Buses - Summer Timetable Now out

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

gemini_front_right_transparent.GIF

Side view of a Gemini bus in Yellow Buses livery

The NEW Summer timetable is now available, priced at just 50p!

To buy the timetable, visit the shop by the Vodafone shop in Commercial Road!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

You buy a timetable with all routes, you can find them on their website too...

Met Driver

Established Member
joy54 said:
You have to buy tiemtables, that seems a bit stupid?

Especially as they are available for free on their website, as I expected :roll:

T

Tom

Not everyone has the internet. It's only 50p, it does help if you can't get out, or the internet is down?

Met Driver

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
Not everyone has the internet. It's only 50p, it does help if you can't get out, or the internet is down?

Well I presume everyone reading this thread has the internet, therefore... ;) ;) :D

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Reminds me of the Loughborough Quality Bus Partnership timetable, included every single bus service operated by every Bus Operater in Loughborough, and that was free, cant ask for anything better than that can you.

tramboy

All of the Nottinghamshire County Council Bus Times, the huge summer booklet they published with Sherwood Forester and times for other interesting Trentbarton, NCT, Stagecoach and Dunn-Line routes were free...and actually got dropped through the letterbox...didn't even have to collect them!

Cheers

Dave

T

Tom

There are quite a few routes here, but the timetable inc. all routes in Bournemouth.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Depends on the Quality, is it stapled or does it have that Glue to hold it together, does it have loads of photo's and puzzles, and stuff to keep you busy whilst you wait for a bus that doesnt turn up, is it glossy.

If it's not like that (exepting the puzzles) then I wouldnt bother buying it, it's just a Bus Company trying to rip people off.

T

Tom

It really is very good quality... I'll get a photo of my old one tomorrow.

joy54.gen

No bus timetable should be for sale, there supposed to be for the passengers to see when to travel. The timetable should be an advert for the bus companies, you wouldn't pay to see an advert would you. Your buying the service.

Nick

I can't help but agree with teh fact it should be free, alas that said, all Network Rail timetables are free yet them all together in a book is about £12 :?

The majority of bus companies make enough profit to cover printing timetables and they are not often changed so 'yellow buses' is obviously trying to be greedy.

T

Tom

Yellow Buses are actually in a financial problem - Bournemouth Council want to sell them cause of financial problems!

bunnahabhain

Established Member
The National Rail Timetable is worth £12 as it covers every train service in the Country, even if it isnt all that easy to get to a certain section, and it's about 700-800 pages long, and you get god knows how many supplements :roll:

Bus Timetables are normally a crummy little leaflet, and when put together in a booklet are rarely over 70 pages.

Sprinter

Interestingly First Somerset & Avon used to charge 20p per copy for thier Bath, Weston Super Mare and West Whiltshire books yet the South Gloucestershire one was free!

Now, a few weeks ago, I noticed that the whole set is now free! The Bath book alone comes to 172 pages but does cover every bus route operting in and around Bath.

Other companies that charge for thier timetables books include:
Newport Transport (30p)- similar format to Yellow Buses
Milton Keynes council (50p)- runs to 228 pages though
Essex County Council (£1 each, 5 areas)- but the Colchester and Braintree book does come to 330 odd pages!

Jim

Established Member
Did the original post say that you need to get it from a Vodophone shop :?:

Jordy

Established Member
Heres an interesting one - I emailed Yellow Buses asking for a timetable and it has just arrived in the post FREE!

And it does clearly say 50p on the front

So now you know how to get one of these VERY glossy timetables along with a map and 2 Leaflets

Jordy

T

Tom

Jim, it meant to say get it from the place across the road from Boots (go to the Obscura cafe, head towards Debenhams, head towards Boots, look across the road, thar it be!)

Status
Not open for further replies.