• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Yellow loco through HFD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Anyone know what a yellow locomotive was on a fast, light engine run through Hereford and onwards towards to Newport at all today? My brother reported this to me earlier, as he was at the station earlier. He said there was an 8 in the number, might have been a 7 at the front instead...

Anyone got info on light engine moves through Hereford at all today, or on the Cardiff to Crewe route? I'm guessing it was an NR yellow loco, what it is or anything I've no idea. I'm curious as to what it could have been, and I'd like to be able to tell my brother too.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChristopherJ

It might have been one of the Network Rail 31s on route learning, they’ve been out and about quite a lot recently.

jonb

Established Member
I don't see any record of either a ED or a 31 down that way it could have been the Track Recording 101 which is painted yellow?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Apparently it went northbound, not southbound as previously reported, left platform 3 very quietly apparently.

Might have been a 101, but I thought those weren't in service (there's one at Severn Tunnel Junction that is OOU for some reason) with NR. He did say it looked like a yellow 101 that was pictured in my Platform 5 book, so that's probably what it was by the sound of it.

Bloody great, he's gone and seen that before me!

B37425

That yellow 101 at Severn Tunnel Jn is the Severrn Tunnel Emergency Train. I dont know how its used in an Emergency, but it hasnt been used for ages. Perhaps its never even been used due to the exterior condition its in.

Jim

Established Member
Bliszko 37425 said:
That yellow 101 at Severn Tunnel Jn is the Severrn Tunnel Emergency Train. I dont know how its used in an Emergency, but it hasnt been used for ages. Perhaps its never even been used due to the exterior condition its in.

121's there 8)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
That was 18 months ago mind...It doesn't look too bad now, but I heard they couldn't commission it and get rid of the 09-hauled train for some reason. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.